PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Firebirds for sale on eBay

ml91
09-10-2004, 06:05 PM

patmc16
09-14-2004, 10:50 PM
They have relisted it with a "buy it now" price of $3.9 mil. They never cancelled the original auction however. I guess they will sell it twice if they can! :wink:

The most disturbing thing that I noticed is in the Q&A where someone asks about being able to see financial statements. A ligit question for a serious bidder to ask. The answer is that the winning bidder will be given those documents! You don't get to know how much the team made (lost) or it's expenses, assets, liabilities, etc. until after you buy it! Now, I am in finance, and I can tell you, there is no way in hell that a person or a company would ever buy another company without first seeing financial statements. If a publically traded corporation was to buy the team without seeing and validating the financial statments first, and then the team lost money, the stockholders would be lined out the door of the nearest lawyers office to sue that company for every dime it has. If a single person or privately held company was to buy it without seeing the statements first, well, they would be just plain stupid! A fool and his money are soon parted!

patmc16
09-15-2004, 12:55 PM
Your right ml91, I misread the answer. I feel a (very) little better about it now.

I remember thinking the Miami Hooters were a joke when I first heard about them. Maybe The Firebirds can become the Indiana Big Boys! :lol:

patmc16
09-19-2004, 10:20 AM
The auction has ended. No takers. I, for one, am shocked! :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: