PDA

View Full Version : PBL Connection to And One?

DazedAndAmused
11-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Does one exist (beyond the Rockford exhibition game)?

If so, how does the basketball world view this?

Players who have And One bkgs are supposedly at some PBL camps, which may not be that uncommon in all of the minor league camps, but I keep hearing PBL and And One in the same sentence more lately.

Any thoughts?

Ken, Steelheads fan
11-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Does one exist (beyond the Rockford exhibition game)?

If so, how does the basketball world view this?

Players who have And One bkgs are supposedly at some PBL camps, which may not be that uncommon in all of the minor league camps, but I keep hearing PBL and And One in the same sentence more lately.

Any thoughts?

What matters most is whether an And One connection translates into increased ticket sales throughout the season. So far, the NBA connection has not helped D-League attendance. Why should And One be any different?

DazedAndAmused
11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
I think you are right in terms of what ultimately matters most.

I don't know if the D-league is the best example here.....i think there are alot of other issues affecting attendance, starting with how it is all marketed, where the teams play, and how philophically Stern sees it.

I do know that I have seen flocks of little kids swarming The Professor once at an event, but can that translate to more fans in seats? I guess that in the worst case scenario, every little bit helps.

SignGuyDino
11-06-2007, 01:43 PM
If I am not mistaken, And 1 markets their own basketball now. Would that be used in the PBL. Or any And 1 equipment designated as the official equipment for the PBL, like shoes, uniforms, etc.?

Otherwise, I'm thinking the PBL/And 1 game may be mostly a one time deal.