PDA

View Full Version : baseball tryouts.

gamipitcher87
11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I have been looking for tryouts with minor or AAA league teams. Im currently playing in Long Islad at Nassau Community College, and after this year Im looking to go into some type of farm, indepent, etc. type of league. Im 20 yrs old and im pretty much done with college, and looking to play somewhere eventually looking for the pro's. Any one with information please post back or email me. thanks

MikeH
06-21-2008, 09:44 PM
I have been looking for tryouts with minor or AAA league teams. Im currently playing in Long Islad at Nassau Community College, and after this year Im looking to go into some type of farm, indepent, etc. type of league. Im 20 yrs old and im pretty much done with college, and looking to play somewhere eventually looking for the pro's. Any one with information please post back or email me. thanks

Normally, you do not just go to ask for a tryout with minor league clubs, AAA especially.

Majority of the players in minor league ball, are contracted by the major league clubs. Minor League Baseball is set up to gain valuable experience through the ranks in the event of securing a spot on the major league roster.

Independent ball is the gateway to any other form of pro ball. Indy ball provides open tryouts. Your best bet is to look to the Can-Am League or Atlantic League. Keep up to date if and when they will hold tryouts. Since you are in Long Island, I would stay posted with the Ducks. Call the office to see if they will hold tryouts during the offseason.

As far as long distance leagues, the GBL holds tryouts every year, for the most part. I'm not sure about the Northern League or the Frontier League.

You still have the American Association, the United League, and the Continental League.

Then you have my league which is trying for a 2009 start. Our tryouts will be held in February of 2009.

playballnyy
06-22-2008, 07:56 AM

Hi there,

Most of the Atlantic League teams hold open tryouts before the season. I don't know what you can do DURING the season though. Here's the league website.

http://www.atlanticleague.com

They consistently have players being called up to affiliated ball throughout the season, so scouts are definitely a presence at games.

Don't know how much I helped, I'm just a regular 'ole fan.
Good Luck.

MikeH
06-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Hi there,

Most of the Atlantic League teams hold open tryouts before the season. I don't know what you can do DURING the season though. Here's the league website.

http://www.atlanticleague.com

They consistently have players being called up to affiliated ball throughout the season, so scouts are definitely a presence at games.

Don't know how much I helped, I'm just a regular 'ole fan.
Good Luck.

You helped out more than you know playballnyy.

And yes gamipitcher, major league scouts are a big presence in the Atlantic League. They have a solid relationship with major league baseball in order to help sign players.

The Atlantic League is in their 11th season and have sent numerous young men to the major's. As far as stable and well established leagues go, the Atlantic League is second to none.