PDA

View Full Version : Lists of availble draft players, returning players, allocated players

ChumpDumper
11-01-2007, 03:20 PM
Pretty much everything you need for today in one location.

http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=2300

USBasket_EricE
11-01-2007, 04:14 PM
It would be great to see Eddie Gill back on the Wizards roster.

DakotaWiz
11-01-2007, 06:46 PM
I don't think we could draft a PG #2 overall with bringing 2 back.. and I doubt he'll last past the first round..

USBasket_EricE
11-01-2007, 09:03 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! COLORADO, YOU SUCK!!!! Well, I hope he's called up before he even gets to play for them.

SignGuyDino
11-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Draft Is In Hd! Sweet!!

Go Tulsa!!

USBasket_EricE
11-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I see Tulsa got Keith Closs Jr. He's like 7'3". I remember when he played for teams like Rockford and Gary in the CBA. Seemed like he never lasted very long with his teams though. I think I remember him being a target for hecklers in Bismarck, but not as bad as Lawrence Nelson was!

Don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive Colorado for taking Eddie. But I guess I would hate to see Moe or Dontell replaced by him since they are in the same positions. Those two have a title to defend! Still, Eddie rules. One of the greatest Wizards of all-time in my opinion. I'm sure he would have been the CBA MVP in 2004 had the Blazers not called him up.

jjbballfan
11-02-2007, 12:48 AM
I listened to the Dleague draft and it was commical they first were having interference problems and some guy was swearing and talking about his I-phone or something in the back ground. When they got that figured out there was a bad connection with Bakersfield causing them to miss there first round draft pick... Alot of teams couldn't hear who had been drafted... You could tell that Sioux Falls and Utah seemed to have pretty big and exciting draft parties while others sounded like it was maybe 2... A lot of names I haven't heard of saw Sioux Falls draft Nic Kader-Medly or however you spell it and that is one of if not the most notable name.

ChumpDumper
11-02-2007, 01:53 AM
There was a good turnout at the Toros draft party. The picks were being made upstairs in a conference room by Mo McHone. RC Buford and Dell Demps were there from the Spurs with him and they made brief appearances. Coach Snyder announced that the Toros were getting their own strength and conditioning coach too.

Pounder
11-02-2007, 10:57 AM
One of the Boise TV stations had a camera at the Stampede draft party, kept it clear of crowd shots, but still tried to give a little hype.

ChumpDumper
11-02-2007, 01:44 PM
We had at least one TV station and the Toros' radio affiliate covering the draft.

I'm pretty pleased with the draft. Picked up a decent big man (Pittsnogle) and used the shotgun approach to try to find a point guard in training camp. Took a flyer on an And1 mix tape player in the 7th round. Everything else had been taken care of with the returning and allocated players.

DakotaWiz
11-03-2007, 02:18 AM
That And1 guy has actually been playing the d-league the last couple years. "Majic" Dorsey is probably a pretty good pick for the 7th round, because there weren't many good players left after him, and he's probably better than a few picked before him as well.

The Wizards had both local news teams at the Stadium Sports Bar and had a decent fan turnout as well.

ChumpDumper
11-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Yeah MaJic was streaky but sometimes unstoppable in Anaheim. I was surprised he fell that far. If he's not a head case, I actually have him penciled in as the backup point guard. I think he still has upside if he can buy into the Spurs/Toros system.

DakotaWiz
11-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Any fans here that hate their draft? Bakersfield should for sure, and I think Ft. Wayne probably could have gotten a better player in the first round..

DakotaWizardsFan
11-03-2007, 07:27 PM
I thought that Dakota's draft was all right. I really wanted Eddie Gill to return to the Wizards, but Carlos Powell seems like a good pick. I can't say much about the other players, though, because I haven't looked up any information on them.

wolfy
11-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Hello from Japan.

There's no infomations in D-league site about David Palmer's 2005-2007 stats, etc. He was a member of Osaka Evessa (Japan - bj-league) two-times champion in inagural two seasons.

Stats in 40 games of regular season.
2005-06 34Games*, 599pts 3P%:35.3 2PFG%:52.2 FT%:78.8 Reb:230
A:66 Stl:29 Blk:21 TO:88 1,024min.
2006-07 40Games, 697pts. 3P%:36.8 2PFG%:47.4 FT%:79.1 Reb:275
A:70 Stl:31 Blk:42 TO:86 1,327min.
*: not accurate

He is a great shooter in middle range and 3-pointer as SG/SF position. I think he was best in the league 2006-07. Very quick to be in shooting motion. Very smart to play even in final minutes.

In 2006-07 bj-league playoffs, He scored 27pts in semi and 33pts in final and also captured MVP.

There's no limit in number of foreign players, so each teams have 3-5 of them.
Their average experiences are just like some Europe national league Div.1, CBA or ABA.

Hope this will be a help.;)

DakotaWiz
11-04-2007, 01:27 AM
That's what I heard... Definitely a GREAT Shooter... Thanks for backing it up. Dakota had a pretty good draft for the most part I thought.. Powell was probably the best player in the draft, Palmer is a shooter, something we hadn't had for this team, Armein Kirkland was supposed to be a stud at Cincinatti, but he hasn't really shown much since. I don't know much about the other guys drafted, but with the 4 returners, plus Renaldo when he gets healthy, the 3 mentioned and David Bell from the CBA, we could have a pretty good team. Obviously though, we'll probably keep both Kibwe Trim and Aristide Sawodago because otherwise we only have K-Lyde and Rod as the big men.

USBasket_EricE
11-04-2007, 01:37 AM
It's going to be hard for me to get used to missing a bunch of games this season, but I'll be there for Dakota's opener! Championship rings will probably be handed out to the players that are returning from last year's #1 D-League team and I'm sure there will be a FOURTH championship banner hanging in the Civic Center! I was pleased with the draft too. GO WIZARDS AND DEFEND THAT TITLE!!!