PDA

View Full Version : Coming later this week...

tbayz1
10-23-2007, 05:11 PM
www.pblproball.com

Another new website for the PBL

tbayz1
10-27-2007, 02:55 PM
still waiting ;)

SignGuyDino
10-27-2007, 08:19 PM
"You dont want to miss this!"

Uhhhhh...I guess they left the apostrophe at home?

Maybe they'll find it and put those "new rules" there too, eh?

The old website isn't that bad, so we'll see what's up with the new one.

dbaproball
10-28-2007, 07:28 PM
"You dont want to miss this!"

Uhhhhh...I guess they left the apostrophe at home?

Maybe they'll find it and put those "new rules" there too, eh?

The old website isn't that bad, so we'll see what's up with the new one.
This is where I will be critical of the PBL. I don't like their current site at all....hard to navigate, inconsistent fonts, not enough info on the teams, artistically unappealing, etc. If they are going to do this right, they need to have a full content management system and portal for each team that will allow each to deliver the content they need to, but within the design and protocol of the league site. That would ensure every team's site would have updated stats, standings, league news, etc...........each teams domain name could easily be pointed to the portal. This would be much, much better than the hodgepodge of sites in the ABA and other minor leagues......some absolutely horrible to a very few good ones. The IBL has something along these lines, but is not near polished enough. If the PBL had launched something like I suggest 3 months ago (with real content), their bandwagon would have more passengers. We'll see what they come up with.

ChumpDumper
10-28-2007, 08:12 PM
It's easy to be critical of the NBA's websites -- but the best thing about them is the standardization. It's very easy to find everything you want to about each team.

If the PBL picked a template from one of the better sites --Wilmington, Maryland or Reading -- and ran with it for the league and all the other teams, it would be much more professional.

The CBA has a decent home page, but the team sites are all over the map. RGV's site is extremely aggravating as it loads its flash intro every time I go back to the home page.

The new UBL is far from a sure thing, but the league has more or less standardized sites for the few teams that have anything going on at present.

tbayz1
10-29-2007, 05:46 PM
ITS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, it looks better than the old one for sure!!

and,

http://www.vbcbroadcasting.com/

hmm it looks like the PBL has their own broadcasting company as well

dbaproball
10-29-2007, 06:34 PM
actually, this is pretty slick, by far one of the best minor league sites in any sport....impressive little video technology at the bottom. The teams just need to catch up with their content. I still say they should standardize the team sites. For now, they seem to point to the existing team sites...if they have one.

Definitely score one for the pbl. This is high end.

psbf
10-29-2007, 11:52 PM
the site and I'm impressed. The suggestions I see should be to replace the ABA pictures, on the front, with league pictures after they begin the season. Also, Arkansas seems to be the only team without a website.
Also, the crowd in the picture on the Knighthawks website is impressive. But I can't tell if that is an ABA game or college.

Alumni96
11-01-2007, 09:46 PM
The site is excellent. It's as good or better than the CBA's website. Well Done.