PDA

View Full Version : PBL News from Rochester!

tbayz1
10-06-2007, 11:38 AM
The Premier Basketball League is a definite "go" and the Rochester RazorSharks will be among the 11 pioneer teams. The season will start Jan. 4. Each team will play 10 home games and 10 away games. ... Rochesterian Steve Rossi has resigned as the Premier Basketball League's vice president/operations. League president/CEO Thomas E. Doyle wanted Rossi to move to Rockville, Md., site of the PBL executive office, and he declined. ... The RazorSharks will again play at Blue Cross Arena at the Community War Memorial.

source:
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071006/SPORTS0101/710060346/-1/COLUMNS

-20 regular season games? Thats it...
-11 teams now? only 10 particpated in the draft...Could the Jax Jam be the 11th, sounds like a1sports thinks so
-Rossi out? Thought the offices were in Chicago? Obviously he didnt want to go to MD to work for the "Finest in Pro Basketball"

SignGuyDino
10-06-2007, 12:22 PM
20 games make a ton of sense if they play just home and away like EPL. That way if there's a "big player" fans will only get one chance to see him in the regular season.

As to the rest of what you said, I don't know.

greatlakes
10-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Lets see where shall I begin:
20 games not 24 games
10 teams then 11 teams not 16 teams
10 teams participate in draft
VP quits
No schedule
7 teams have web sites
Wilimington tickets prices $10 per game or $145 season tickets (10 games)

Looks like a well oiled machine to me!!!!!

tbayz1
10-08-2007, 08:34 AM
10 teams then 11 teams not 16 teams or 12 teams

There ya go fixed ;)

Dont forget, out of the 10 teams we know of, some we just know the city(Dallas/Arkansas/Chicago) the rest are all ABA teams, and possibly Chicago being the Cometas, another ABA team...

jamesaba
10-08-2007, 02:25 PM
is arkansas the busted former owners of the Rivercatz or Aeros who still owes the arena rent?

tops804
10-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Then I realized that by starting in January...They can absorb some of the
teams that have become disenchanted with the ABA -- finalize the
schedule and at least have a start.

I agree that 10 home games aren't enough, but am hoping that next season
they would have a November to March run. With all the time we've given
the ABA, I think it's too soon to accuse the PBL of having the same problems.

one way
10-09-2007, 09:33 AM
If this is supposed to be the Premier League, them why do they have to wait to absorb ABA teams? Teams should be running to them. Let's face it- said it before. It is hard to start a league and you have to have alot of money to be a reputable team owner. You cannot do things on the cheap. Please do not bring up flying in the owners and serving them a free meal as being representative of having alot of money. This thing is struggling, egos have clouded judgement. Decesions have been made with the heart and not with the head. Yes they will play, but if is far from being the Premier league.

PHXfan
10-09-2007, 01:28 PM
What about the AZ team? I haven't heard a word about them. Anybody know possibly what city/town they will be located in?