PDA

View Full Version : Where have we heard this

greatlakes
10-05-2007, 08:14 AM
According to the PBL site:
PBL games assure:
Fast Paced, high energy fan pleasing games
Affordable ticket prices for families

If the PBL was sooooooo great you would think that they would not use the ABA slogan. Changing a few words around was genius.

It also states the PBL is made up of succesfull basketball franchises and owners. Looking down the list of 10 teams I make the following observations:

Rochester 2 years
Maryland 2 years
Wilmington 1 year
Quad Cities 1 year
Rock Falls 1 year
Dallas NO EXPERIENCE
Chicago NO EXPERIENCE
Reading NO EXPERIENCE
Minnesota 1 year
Arkansas Who knows???

How can you be succesfull when most teams have played one season, or no seasons.

Still looking for the 16 teams for the 07-08 season (not to mention Canada).

The PBL is a JOKE

LightningMan
10-10-2007, 02:11 PM
How can you be successful when most teams have played one season, or no seasons?

The PBL is a JOKE
You can be successful if you play all your games (home and road), pay all your bills, and get butts in the seats. None of that is dependent upon having done it before.

ChumpDumper
10-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Too early to tell if it is a joke.

It could certainly be as bad a joke as the ABA, but nothing has yet happened.

a1sports
10-10-2007, 08:22 PM
Hmmmmm Great lakes comes up "Indiana" registry for IP address trace....Hmmmm, please dont ask me how.

dbaproball
10-12-2007, 07:50 PM
According to the PBL site:
PBL games assure:
Fast Paced, high energy fan pleasing games
Affordable ticket prices for families

If the PBL was sooooooo great you would think that they would not use the ABA slogan. Changing a few words around was genius.

It also states the PBL is made up of succesfull basketball franchises and owners. Looking down the list of 10 teams I make the following observations:

Rochester 2 years
Maryland 2 years
Wilmington 1 year
Quad Cities 1 year
Rock Falls 1 year
Dallas NO EXPERIENCE
Chicago NO EXPERIENCE
Reading NO EXPERIENCE
Minnesota 1 year
Arkansas Who knows???

How can you be succesfull when most teams have played one season, or no seasons.

The PBL is a JOKE
greatlakes, just curious...out of the 39 aba teams (based on someone's count), how many played a game last year? (i haven't counted so i'm willing to be educated.) if your count is right, 70% of PBL teams played last year. 80% of CBA teams played last year. i say good luck to all of the minor leagues. it's a tough business otherwise.

you just sound like sour grapes with no substinative fact or argument. karma is a powerful thing....spread some love man. peace out.