PDA

View Full Version : It's been awfully quiet, too quiet, on the PBL front

OneBetter
09-25-2007, 11:21 AM
I haven't heard any recent updates on the PBL. Has anyone else?

I thought we were supposed to hear some major announcements in August!!

What's going on with the Texas franchise? What ever happened to Conneticut? What about the long list of other states listed on their website without ANY announcements yet?

I think everyone on this board had very high hopes for this league, but it's looking like it's fizzling fast! I have extremely high doubts that the PBL will ever play a game at this point.

Anyone else out there have information to the contrary?

Minor League Man
09-25-2007, 11:35 AM
I agree...

While there has been plenty of news from the member teams, there's been next to none from the league!

rider
09-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Its very obvious that the PBL is struggling to make the league happen, I'm sure they thought they could start a league without a problem. They have great intentions and good solid plans. Time has run out on them! It can't be successfully done in this short time frame.I believe they are honest enough to realize that they can't do it justice by moving forward this year. They have two options don't play this year and work for next year or merge up with the CBA. The efforts of both under the CBA label would be whats best for the game of basketball.Lets have everyone put their egos aside and work together. The CBA should take the lead and invite them in for this year. Let them in for no fee just do whats good for basketball.

greatlakes
09-25-2007, 01:21 PM
Maybe the PBL is nothing but smoke and mirrors to scare Joe into folding his hand for the PBL group to run the ABA. One thing is for sure! Less than 80 days until the preseason is to start.

If the PBL does not play this season, I wonder how many owners will ask for their money back or was any money really paid.

The PBL meeting had alot of interested people but no new announcements about teams. Seems strange all the PBL is ex ABA teams. There is not one new team except the Railers (was ABA but never played).

LightningMan
09-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I plan to contact the Sea Dawgs about tickets this month. I'll let you know what they tell me.

They could have a league with eight teams, and they're at, what, seven, six that have played before?

Minor Leaguer
09-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Supposedly the PBL has 12 teams planned for the season. They say that an announcement of all the teams will come in the first week of October and the season will begin play in January of 2008. Evidently the PBL will launch a new website in late December too.

OneBetter
09-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Supposedly the PBL has 12 teams planned for the season. They say that an announcement of all the teams will come in the first week of October and the season will begin play in January of 2008. Evidently the PBL will launch a new website in late December too.

October? I thought we were suppossed to hear some major announcements in August.

Oct, Nov, Dec......3 months for the new teams to get up and running and start a season. That just doesn't seem like enough time to create a system that can be successful.

tbayz1
09-26-2007, 01:49 PM
i was really expecting alot more and a better approach to things with the PBL, guess not so far, whata ya gona do when its a league full of all ex- ABA teams, o well, good luck PBL

greatlakes
09-26-2007, 02:11 PM
The PBL site states 16 teams in North America and Canada. Now posted on the message board here, 12 teams. I also thought the schedule was due out by now, not to mention all the teams. Not good public relations to say one thing and do another.

Can the new PBL teams (if any) be ready to play in less than 90 days??? The new teams have not had any tryouts. If new teams attended the PBL workouts all the world would have known. If new teams are going to be announced I would not be suprised if the raid on the ABA happens again.

Let's wait and see!!!

utahstarsticketholder
09-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Announcing a team a week is not the goal of the PBL. The fact that this is moving slowly may be a sign that due diligence is occurring versus take the money and run of another league.
Time will tell. Good luck to all. jack