PDA

View Full Version : "The Finest In Professional Basketball"

TheStandard
09-16-2007, 03:33 AM
WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRONGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Sorry boys. Never that.

If your head of a league is not named Stern, does not have a legit womens pro league a legit minor league system. Does not have kids from New York to Compton from Compton to Auckland from Auckland to Bahrain; Bahrain to Iceland wearing either a Yao Ming, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James or even a Michael Jordan Jersey. You are NOT THE FINEST IN PROFESSIONAL BASKETBALL.

Heck, you don't even give out information about your daily or weekly happenings. Sorry guys but you are like many of the ABA Teams, No info at all.

SignGuyDino
09-16-2007, 04:11 AM
Not much different from the WBA's "The next best thing to the NBA." Sorry, only the D-League and the CBA can dare make that claim.

Why can't they just call it "big time basketball" or "hometown basketball" or something like that? It's not like we can't figure it out.

I'm still waiting for the "new game" that "we've never seen before" the PBL promised from the start.

logoguru
09-16-2007, 08:17 AM
Not much different from the WBA's "The next best thing to the NBA." Sorry, only the D-League and the CBA can dare make that claim.

Why can't they just call it "big time basketball" or "hometown basketball" or something like that? It's not like we can't figure it out.

I'm still waiting for the "new game" that "we've never seen before" the PBL promised from the start.

....International rules on an American court. That release was a while ago.
________
How to roll a joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

tbayz1
09-16-2007, 09:14 AM
I thought the PBL would have done things differently than they have so far

psbf
09-16-2007, 10:33 AM
they would have been better off joining the CBA.I don't think the PBL will have a season, as things stand now.

Ken, Steelheads fan
09-16-2007, 01:15 PM

The CBA can no longer make that claim either. It all ended for them when Sioux Falls, Dakota, and Idaho left for the NBADL. Sure, they'll exist as some kind of a league, but not as the next best thing to the NBA.

The PBL was born out of bruised egos, nothing more. The announcement of Dallas as a PBL franchise (competing directly with the NBA there) convinced me that these PBL people are hopeless wanderers, wandering around without a purpose. Also, the Maryland Nighthawks are one of the flagship franchises, right? Well, they need to find a real arena because the joint they are playing in now looks like a high school gym. It isn't a high school gym, but it sure looks like one:
http://www.marylandnighthawks.com/video/highlightspic.jpg

...of course only if they ever expect to be taken seriously. 8)

TheStandard
09-17-2007, 10:25 AM
The Next Best Thing to the NBA

1. The Euroleague
2. Spain's first division
3. Italy's first division
4. NBDL
5. Greece
6. Puerto Rico / CBA (Tie) but may give BSN the advantage as the league does not fold teams during the season or has teams either defecting or creating other leagues
7. Any rec league that is not called the USBL and the ABA

SignGuyDino
09-17-2007, 11:18 PM
....International rules on an American court. That release was a while ago.

The original IBL did those rules if that's the case.

greatlakes
09-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Still no schedule and only seven teams listed on the web. Where is DALLAS?? Where are the Canadian teams?? I think the PBL is sucking air to stay afloat. Can't have much of a top notch league with only seven teams. At least when there is no season the league office can boast they paid all travel cost for the teams.

SignGuyDino
09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
You know, the WIFL never made such wild claims. In fact, many including myself had honest doubts they could hold on to four teams throughout the season. But had they not played a down, they would have some more credibility than this. Stuff happens, leagues don't take off. The WUSA has been delayed again this time to 2009.

The grander the goals, the more ridiculous it looks if the league doesn't take off.