PDA

View Full Version : where is Dallas?

one way
09-14-2007, 06:30 PM
I 'm looking at the PBL news on OSC- Dallas announced into the league. No website, no link from the PBL site. They did run a free agent camp, that is what the article said. Where is Dallas? I do have to say to Chuck and the rest of the boys, if this was the ABA, there would be no mercy. I guess the league is at seven teams eventhough they list a ton of states on their web site.Seven teams and it starts in Jan. Things that make you go hmmm.

dbaproball
09-14-2007, 06:40 PM
I 'm looking at the PBL news on OSC- Dallas announced into the league. No website, no link from the PBL site. They did run a free agent camp, that is what the article said. Where is Dallas? I do have to say to Chuck and the rest of the boys, if this was the ABA, there would be no mercy. I guess the league is at seven teams eventhough they list a ton of states on their web site.Seven teams and it starts in Jan. Things that make you go hmmm.
Good question. Hopefully that is not indicative of an ABA-like future.

But, I guess you get a little slack until you have missed 40% of your scheduled games or have had 100 teams come and go or fold.

If that happens to the PBL or any other league, the same scrutiny is warranted. Until then, it is all guesswork. We don't have to guess about the ABA.

tbayz1
09-14-2007, 09:55 PM
As much as I wana see the league do well and its teams, and i think they have the right people behind the league and want to do things right, all the "alive" teams are all ex-ABA teams!

If we talk so much $hit about ABA teams, what makes you think theyre going to better in this league, the only proven teams to me is Rochester and Maryland, Wilmington is pretty decent, but everyone else including QC, RF, MN, are just some of the better ABA teams, with attendence of less than 500, and Reading hasnt even played a game yet

thats the biggest doubt in my mind is the teams, they are nothing more than ABA teams, Rochester is really the only big market, sure you could praise them for leaving the ABA, but they are in a league we know hardly anything about, and they are ABA teams, in the end you can have good people behind the league, but its the teams that it comes down too

If MN, QC, and RF continue to have ABA style attendence with less than 500/game most of the time, then how does that look for a league full of teams wanting to get out of the ABA and having high hopes, but then it comes to show that some teams are nothing more than your average ABA team

psbf
09-14-2007, 11:37 PM
have my doubts that the league will even get started on time(if this year), but if they do get the season started, how many will turnout to watch and how many will return?
This is mid-September and the amount of news coming out still leaves me skeptical. If they have no season, I feel bad for the supporters of each team.