PDA

View Full Version : Hrywnak busted for DUI

Fells
09-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Not good for the Sharks. This is out of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle.

(September 5, 2007) The general manager of the Rochester Razorsharks was arrested Monday and charged with a felony for driving while intoxicated and speeding.

Orest Hrywnak, 50, of 175 Belknap St., was traveling west on Route 104 about 1:15 a.m. in Sodus, Wayne County, when a sheriff's patrol car clocked him driving 71 miles per hour in a 55 mph zone, according to a Wayne County Sheriff's report.

Hrywnak was pulled over for allegedly speeding and then given a sobriety test, which he failed, the report said.

"Our officers have a continuous radar, so when he went through the zone at 71 miles an hour, he was caught," said Richard Pisciotti, the Wayne County sheriff.

Hrywnak had a prior DWI conviction in 2001, making this charge a felony, said Pisciotti.

He was issued a ticket on both offenses and was arraigned in Lyons Town Court.

Hrywnak was remanded to the Wayne County Jail and paid $2,500 Tuesday morning. He will appear in the Sodus town court at a later date.

Hrywnak did not return a call for comment.

Brothers Severko, Roman and Orest Hrywnak have owned the Rochester Razorsharks since the team's inception in 2005.

The Razorsharks, formerly a member team of the American Basketball Association, will play their upcoming season as part of the Premier Basketball League.

psbf
09-05-2007, 11:09 AM
to me why people, with so much responsibility, do things like this!

tbayz1
09-05-2007, 11:15 AM
He got a DWI not a DUI and Speeding

WOW this is hilarious!

Corning Bulldogs
09-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah it was much worse then a DUI. It was listed in the paper as the more serious charge of DWI and listed as his second DWI in 6 years and being charged as a Felony. It also said in the paper that on top of the DWI he was also speeding , 71 in a 55.

Felony charges means possible prison time.

"It was his second driving while under the influence charge in the past six years, already convicted in 2001. The second arrest made the charge a felony, said Pisciotti. He was issued a ticket on both offenses and was arraigned in Lyons Town Court. He was remanded to Wayne County jail and paid $2,500 at 10 a.m. this morning. He will appear in the Town of Sodus court at a later date." - Rochester D and C

Paul S
09-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Wow, this is too bad. I hope Hrywnak makes amends to society and changes his behavior. This certainly isn't the publicity this league needs.

abie10
09-06-2007, 04:36 PM
wow...if this happened in the ABA, this thread would already have about 200 responses...

preeths
09-06-2007, 04:49 PM
If the PBL also had several disastrous seasons under its belt, I'm sure this thread would have more responses.

Pounder
09-06-2007, 06:57 PM
If the PBL also had several disastrous seasons under its belt, I'm sure this thread would have more responses.

Oy vey!

Not that I'm surprised by the pattern of "counter-bashing" that sometimes permeates.

Of course, for all these leagues, the soul in the mirror is the beginning of your salvation. Same is true for Mr. Hrywnak.

skippy
09-07-2007, 02:43 AM
I agree with Abie10 that this would have more responses if it happened in the ABA, but sometimes you reap what you sow.

What the Razorsharks GM did is inexcusable, reckless, dangerous, etc. and it doesn't matter if you are in the ABA, PBL, CBA, or D-league.

I hope he gets the help he needs and walks/taxi's it until he get his problem under control.

LightningMan
09-07-2007, 09:59 AM
This is unfortunate and I hope he sincerely learns from his actions. But personal actions, while they reflect upon a team and to a lesser degree a league, are in the end personal actions. Now if the Sharks had withdrawn from the 2007-2008 season because if it...