PDA

View Full Version : Last night in LB

DawgsBooster2
09-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Well, finally got to meet this "Jay" person.

Nice guy. And funny to boot.

Tough loss last night for the Armada. Ya'll just weren't getting the calls at the plate.

The on field guy last night was WAY better than the on field guy working the last time we were up there! I mean WAY better. As in I could actually understand what he was saying.

And he was totally hyping up the crowd in those last few innings.

It was nice to see you again Commish and Jay, it was nice to meet you in person.

Now it's on to the AWL. :)

NachoMan
09-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes, Jay is a very nice guy and we all hope to have him around for next season. We will have to see what the future holds. Last night was rough for everyone. The team will be missed and we cannot wait for AWL and then next season to do it all over again. It was great seeing our LB guys in the playoffs. They had a great season and deserved to be there.

flyersgm
09-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Just FYI, the "on field MC" in LB last night was Josh Feldman. We hired Josh for the same role in OC this season, and he did an amazing job! He is very good at what he does, and when LB had a need this weekend (for a replacement ARBY-I, as well), it was nice to have these guys available to assist our "cross-town rivals".

Josh has nothing but energy, and as hard as it was for him to root for the Armada (given the LB/OC Rivalry), he is a class guy, and stepped up for Long Beach. To me, that was very professional, and he (and the coyote-turned-parrot mascot) should be commended. I don't know if I could have jumped around the stands at Blair and screamed "Let's Go Long Beach" after rooting against you guys for three seasons...

Anyway, congrats to the Armada for getting there and for having the best record in the GBL this season.

CONGRATS to the Outlaws, and for finally bringing the GBL crown to Chico, after three excellent seasons...you are a very well-deserved champion!

Cheers!

Ed

DawgsBooster2
09-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Yah, when Jay told us that the on field guy was actually borrowed from OC I was both surprised and impressed that the could put aside his personal stuff and still cheer on the LB family.

And boy, did he!

LB Parents
09-02-2007, 12:38 PM
For those of us LB fans that went to OC/LB games in Fullerton, we had a great time playing with Josh and .... (his name not officially announced) (well Mr. Train). Our rivalry is fun and was great to see the two step in. Especially when they came to come say hi to us. Rivalry aside... it was great to have them. Arby had a lot of energy which has been missing! Good Job Guys!!

Some of you may have missed it, but Phil was at the games, and on Friday, Phil passed the mic. on to Josh. Again, we enjoyed the experience which has been lacking for a good part of the summer.

Coyote Ugly
09-03-2007, 09:09 PM
You are probably wondering how can a coyote get access to a computer and have the intelligence to reply to a thread on a forum? Well, I just can. Coal Train, is THAT much of an intellectual goofy canine.

As I sit here in front of my computer, panting ferverously in this Southern California heat we are amidst, I can say that Long Beach is truly blessed to have the best tandem-duo in all of independent ball (or in all of sports) being Coal Train, O.C. Flyers Mascot, and Josh Feldman, O.C. Flyers On-Field Host/MC this weekend. No, I am not parading our highly complimented success we brought to Long Beach out of conceit, but just as a indication to you all that both Josh and I love our jobs, and despite the circumstance that we were in a different venue, not to mention representing our rival team the Armada, we will do the job no matter what. As hard as it was for Josh to "support" the Armada after being in Orange County rooting for the Flyers for a full season, I thought it was especially tough for me to make myself look like Arby-I - let alone, a parrot. Though, I did appreciate this calling from Long Beach because we were in the middle of a heat wave and I really needed to shed some, if not, all my fur. Coyotes don't do well in the heat and I'm pretty sure being a parrot this time of year is greatly appreciated. So, with the help of the Long Beach Armada staff trying their best to conceal a coyote from being noticed, I Coal Train, became a face for the Armada - I became Arby-I, which was hard for me to digest when I said it the first, second, and third time around.

Josh and I had an incredible time in Long Beach, and I'm sure, you guys, the fans had an even better time than us. We couldn't help but notice that the Armada fans are a very responsive crowd, and whatever I, as Arby-I did, and for what Josh did, the Armada contingency had our eyes on us just waiting on a cue from us to act as loud (Josh) and crazy (Arby-I) as we were. I, at least, thought it was a "coming out" party for Long Beach to act this way because the product we brought to the stadium was lacking for a good part of the summer as one of Long Beach's own put it into words and so the fans needed that release that true diehard baseball fans want. And that's the kind of product that Josh and I, Coal Train put out for Orange County, and we'll take it with us wherever we go, such as Long Beach. If it had to be put into a sports analogy regarding the working relationship and ethics we both have about the job, it would go as this: --Josh Feldman and Coal Train of baseball are like the Bryan Brothers of tennis - they're brothers, in a way, despite one being a human and one being a coyote, they work very well together, they're always in sync, most times in the end they always come out on top, and if you dare seperate us from each other, we will surely fall in the depths of failure.--

On behalf of Josh Feldman and myself, we thank Long Beach's organization and Long Beach's fans for making this a great experience for both of us and congratulations for the team for making it this far. Long Beach's success paved the road to our success.

As for me, I have not been in incognito as a parrot for the past couple of days. I'm just trying to stay cool from the heat. I understand that it was about 107 degrees outside a few hours ago, but I think it's cooled down to a more comfortable 101 degrees. Haha. Coyotes don't do well in the heat. I'm just waiting for the winter, where my warm fur coat will have grown back to keep me warm. But really, when do we ever have a cold winter in Southern California? So much for being a coyote. HAPPY LABOR DAY, EVERYONE!

~Coal Train

JFeld127
09-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Looks like fans of the GBL can rest easy knowing that those constant Crazy-Josh-induced migranes will subside for the winter.

A few things:
- Thanks to the Long Beach fans who greeted myself and Coal Train with open arms. It couldn't have been easy seeing "that obnoxious OC guy" on your field, but thanks for your patience. I was just glad I didn't slip up and say "hey flyers fans..." or refer to Arby-I as Coal Train or something like that.
- Has any coyote ever typed as much as CT just did? I mean, that's almost more typing than I do talking ... so a lot!
- To that fan who got thirteen pounds of confetti dumped on her, CT/Arby-I and I are sorry. Three showers later, I've still got confetti in my hair and stuck on my arms, so I can't even imagine what you're going through.

Thanks again Armada fans for letting us OC guys invade Blair Field for the weekend. We had a ton of fun and hope yall did as well.

- Crazy Josh

DawgsBooster2
09-03-2007, 11:19 PM
- To that fan who got thirteen pounds of confetti dumped on her, CT/Arby-I and I are sorry. Three showers later, I've still got confetti in my hair and stuck on my arms, so I can't even imagine what you're going through.

Bwahahaha! When I saw that happen I turned to the folks I was there with and said, "Oh man. I'd be pisssssed."

Two of them looked at me like I was nuts thinking it would have been fun/funny to be the confetti doused fan.

I quickly explained that she'll be finding confetti in her hair for at least two years.

It was fun to see though! ;)