PDA

View Full Version : Missing: Jay Klein

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Has anybody seen or heard from "former" Asst.GM Jay Klein? Is he back in LB yet? Will he be at Friday's game?

He's invited to join us outside leftfield if he's suddenly available.:confused: :confused: :roll: :lol:

Softball Chick
08-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I saw Jay in Chico over the weekend and he should be in LB for Friday's game. As far I know he is still the Asst. GM for the Armada.

LB Parents
08-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Jay is still with the Amada. The GBL sent Jay to Chico a few weeks ago to promote the series and sell tickets. He is that good!!!!!

He will be back on Friday and is dying to get back.

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-30-2007, 07:14 AM
If Jay comes back on Friday, does he still have an office or should he buy a ticket?

LB Parents
08-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Jay is still is asst. GM!!!!!

preeths
08-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Oh my goodness, another minor league team employee is rumored to be moving on! Someone call the New York Times!

DawgsBooster2
08-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Bwahahaha!!!

::crying tears of laughter::

Thanks for the morning giggle preeths.

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Moving on is one thing. A boot in the butt during the playoffs is another. Nice try, Mr. Administrator. Keep kissing up to the GBL

preeths
08-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Please, your sky-is-falling harping grew old a long time ago. We get it, you hate the GBL. You can't see why everyone doesn't. Therefore, in your eyes anyone who calls you on your rumor-mongering and truth-twisting is bound to be kissing up to the GBL. Minor league employees inevitably move on, by their choice or by others' decisions. Sometimes it's fair, other times it isn't. That's the nature of the business.

LB Parents
08-30-2007, 04:26 PM
I know someone very close to me that talked to Jay yesterday. Jay is not leaving. Not even a hint of it. If something happens after the weekend, I will be surprised. If Jay moves on a month or more from now... good for him and pat him on the back.

flyersgm
08-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Jay went to Chico to assist with ticket sales...just as was ORIGINALLY reported...

Opinions started flying around, and next thing you know, someone is an "expert".

We ALL move on at some point, but Jay was called on to do what he has done well...sell tickets FOR THE SAME COMPANY...it is not like he went to another company to sell against his own...he gets his checks signed by the GBL - not the Armada, etc...

Anyway, you will all see him in LB this weekend, and life will be back to normal.

See you all (including Jay, no doubt in an Armada polo) tomorrow night!

Ed

RW22
08-30-2007, 07:17 PM
FACT!!!! - I "talked" to him via email yesterday--he was enjoying Chico more than he had thought he would. FACT!!!! - He is STILL the Asst GM of the LB Armada...Ed, you are 100% correct-he was brought up to do a job for the GBL; he did it and is now home preparing for tomorrows game.
ED--way to be a front runner now---ROFLMAO!!!!!
See ya'll for a bit tomorrow night!!
RW

peeaanuut
08-30-2007, 10:07 PM
I was giving Jay crap on the phone the other day about being stuck in Chico and he said the same thing about having a great time. Chico still isnt my kind of town though.

I think what some people are foretting is that Jay is a GBL employee and not a LB employee. But it does suck that jay was not getting sales credit the tickets being sold in LB because he worked so hard during the season to develope relationships with fan who exclusively would purchase from him. Im sure he did a great job in Chico.

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Ok I'm stooopid. I thought jay was with the Armada not the GBL. So Stoooopid. Why he would leave LB for Chico in August? No it's me I'm so stoooooooopid for thinking that. Excuse me while I go lock myself in my room .
2 maybe 3 games in LB this weekend. Are they selling tickets for that also?
Never mind, I'm being stooooooooopid.
I really love the GBL and the kind considerate way they treat people.
All my posts have been lies. I'm sorry for being so stooopid.

Softball Chick
08-31-2007, 09:46 AM
I saw Jay in Chico over the last weekend and he was there to boost ticket sales, but he was also selling tickets for the Armada playoffs. I purchased my playoff tickets from him over the phone. Jay is still very much the Assist. GM and will be right here in LB when our guys take the next 3 to win the championship!

preeths
08-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Ok I'm stooopid. I thought jay was with the Armada not the GBL. So Stoooopid. Why he would leave LB for Chico in August? No it's me I'm so stoooooooopid for thinking that. Excuse me while I go lock myself in my room .
2 maybe 3 games in LB this weekend. Are they selling tickets for that also?
Never mind, I'm being stooooooooopid.
I really love the GBL and the kind considerate way they treat people.
All my posts have been lies. I'm sorry for being so stooopid.

Why don't you just apologize, admit your tabloid-style attempt at rumor-mongering backfired and move on?

flyersgm
08-31-2007, 12:11 PM
BHPILB

Love the sarcasm...keep your sense of humor...

Ex Flyers GM

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Throw enuff crap against the wall and some is bound to stick.
Here's a new rumor: Klein is in San Diego selling 2008 season tickets for the SurfDawgs. I swear thats true. This time I'm not kidding.:oops: :roll: :roll: :roll:

sandiegopaul
08-31-2007, 03:09 PM
:confused: Your rumor about the Surf Dawgs can only serve to tease us.... I'm not biting on this one until I see the fish on the hook!
Paul

DawgsBooster2
08-31-2007, 04:01 PM
:confused: Your rumor about the Surf Dawgs can only serve to tease us.... I'm not biting on this one until I see the fish on the hook!
Paul

Don't worry on it Paul, it's not at all true. :(

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-31-2007, 04:19 PM
update on KleinHe was seen selling Icedog tickets door to door in Encino. I swear, this one is true

gblbaseballfan
08-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Jay drove back from Chico yesterday. he was going to spend the night at a friends. this Morning i was over at Phil's and Jay came over to say hello and to tell us he was going on a little trip. Turns out Jay is so good at his Job he has been hired to Run the fron office and sell tickets for the Saturn Ringers of the Out of this World League they are playing for the Championship vs. The Uranus Clingers. The Ringers should win i heard the Clingers are kinda crappy.Anyways the mother ship came by this morning and picked up Jay i hope he comes back next year. Go Armada oh yeah and Go Ringers

Pietsch Fan
08-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Jay drove back from Chico yesterday. he was going to spend the night at a friends. this Morning i was over at Phil's and Jay came over to say hello and to tell us he was going on a little trip. Turns out Jay is so good at his Job he has been hired to Run the fron office and sell tickets for the Saturn Ringers of the Out of this World League they are playing for the Championship vs. The Uranus Clingers. The Ringers should win i heard the Clingers are kinda crappy.Anyways the mother ship came by this morning and picked up Jay i hope he comes back next year. Go Armada oh yeah and Go Ringers

LOL, you guys are losing it. Beware of the men with the white jackets :)

Hope to see you guys tomorrow.

Mary

Behind Home Plate in LB
09-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Fired. Turn Out The Lights , The Party's Over.

PS.... THE SKY IS FALLING !!!!!!!!

LB Parents
09-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Yes X-Loyal Fans, I got the direct word also... Jay is gone or I mean FIRED.

Sorry to put it this way (because I don't call names), but GBL, how can you be such idiots to let this happen. Bash has already killed a pack of dogs... now he's is on his way to kill a parrot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay is the one who made the Armada these last two years. You have blown-it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GBL, maybe you should look up the history on Bash and how many businesses he has failed!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say now is "Good Luck! BASH IS YOUR GUY!!":confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: