PDA

View Full Version : Where is Our Anouncer????

LB Parents
08-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Here's one of the problems in LB. The Armada are in the CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES!!!!! Where is our anouncer?!!!!!!!! The Chico anouncer is great, but I want a good anouncer of our own to brag about our boys. It has been this way all season. I guess maybe the Armada is not important enough to send an anouncer. Wow, we have a team in the championship series... Wow

Softball Chick
08-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Do we even have an announcer anymore?

sportsguy12
08-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Do we even have an announcer anymore?

With all of life's problem, you should find something more important to worry about.

Softball Chick
08-29-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm not worried about anything. I simply posed a question.

Pietsch Fan
08-29-2007, 11:42 AM
And a reasonable question it is. Don't worry about sportsguy12. He's only ever posted here three times before this morning. He must be bored today.

So, why wasn't LB's guy up in Chico? Will Chico being broadcasting from LB? If a neutral party was hired by the GBL to call the game for both sides, then I could see saving the expense, but it was an obviously Chico broadcasted game last night.

I hope LB pulls out a win so there will be a Saturday game. We're looking forward to going up there.

Mary

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I heard that the radio guy from LB has flown the coop. The ship is sinking and it's every man for himself.

Softball Chick
08-29-2007, 12:08 PM
I too heard that he left. My understanding is that he left for a job near his hometown.

gblbaseballfan
08-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Does anyone know if Mike the on field guy does play by play?

Pietsch Fan
08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I too heard that he left. My understanding is that he left for a job near his hometown.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3533891

Guess he is gone.

Mary

sportsguy12
08-29-2007, 02:02 PM
http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3533891

Guess he is gone.

Mary

I have more than 613 posts on this board. For someone who was complaining at the GBL commish about using first names, you sure threw yours out there. Jobs like PA announcers typically pay little so who can blame the guy for going elsewhere. The Armada should find a back-up.

Pietsch Fan
08-29-2007, 02:13 PM
I have more than 613 posts on this board. For someone who was complaining at the GBL commish about using first names, you sure threw yours out there. Jobs like PA announcers typically pay little so who can blame the guy for going elsewhere. The Armada should find a back-up.

Dude, we can see how many posts you have on the OSC forum. I was just saying you had only posted on this, the GBL piece, three times prior to this morning. And I didn't complain once about the Commish posting names. I almost always sign my posts. Maybe you might want to read the postings here more carefully before you go copping an attitude.

And, we're talking about the radio/broadcast announcer, not the PA announcer. As for finding a backup, it'll now be a waiting game to see if the Armada even come back. Same stuff, different season ;)

Mary

padsfan2
08-29-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm not saying the GBL is cheap, but the Surf Dawgs' back up announcer was the lucky ticket holder.

LB Parents
08-29-2007, 02:48 PM

Oh--Ahh--What??????????

It has not been officially announce that I know of that Eric is officially gone. But good riddens to Eric. Eric was Bash's boy. Did not present himself professionally, drinking on the job, all that Bash stuff. I'm glad if he is gone. He was horrible in the booth and many Armada fans have posted that they would rather listen to the opponents announcer anyway.

By the way, we had a good announcer, Phil. But, Bash didn't like that Phil (a crowd favorite) would not bow to him and fired him. You can see all the past threads on that issue.

And Wow, you have over 613 posts?!&* Get over yourself!!!

Get over the name issue... some of us prefer to be anonymous. It still doesn't mean were not communicating with the GBL in private.

Like I said in my first post on this tread, it would be nice to have an announer (a good one) announcing the games in Chico for the Armada fans during a Championship Series.

preeths
08-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Mr. Lindquist was hired by an AHL team, essentially AAA level hockey, so he must have done something right. Come on, let's get past the Bash bashing.

peeaanuut
08-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Erik had good info on the team but his radio voice, that was completely different from his real voice, was absolutely horrible. I am not sure if he was trying to do an impression or something but it made it difficult to listen to. Im sure if he used his regular voice he makes for a great play by play announcer. His color commentary did need some improvement. But as far as putting out stats and info on the game and players it was good.

Im glad he has moved up and on.

LB Parents
08-29-2007, 03:44 PM
I just got a message from another fan that Eric did officially resign and his last day was last Friday. This came from the GBL.

If Eric reads this forum, I reflected on my last post after I submitted it, and I am sorry for my last post! Sportsguy 12 had me a little frustrated and I took it out on Eric. You did not deserve it. I should have said, "Good Job on the new position and Good Luck with it!" I see that it is a step-up and I am proud of you. The GBL has served well as a place for experiece, and many have moved on to bigger and brighter things. Hi wish you to do well!:)

Hey GBL, maybe you can offer Phil "an offer he can't refuse" for the weekend... Just a thought!

LB Parents
08-29-2007, 03:50 PM
Come on, let's get past the Bash bashing.

Your right preeths. I have been trying as you may have seen in another thread. He just got some of us in such a habit, and some habits are hard to break. (oops, I may have bashed Bash again)... Okay I'll agree, I'll stop!:rolleyes: