PDA

View Full Version : Ok Gbl Fans, It Time To Start Sweating...

padsfan2
08-27-2007, 01:41 PM
Well the 2007 season has come and gone. Now begins the 6 or 7 months of worrying if your favorite team, or the league will be back for 2008. Oh, you may hear plans and promises for the 2008 season, but you will not know for sure until the 2008 schedule is released, trust me, those of us here in San Diego know, they are still advertising 2007 season ticket on the Surf Dawgs' website, and we all know what a dismal 2007 season the Dawgs had. Just a fair warning, don't get too excited until next March, just ask a San Diego, Mesa, or Surprise fan, (yes Mesa & Surprise AZ had teams) however the surprise was on us.
HAVE A GREAT OFF-SEASON!!

gblbaseballfan
08-27-2007, 04:57 PM
I hope Long Beach is back next year. It really is good for the community. I hope changes can be made and things work out for Long Beach and the loyal fans. I hope San Diego get's another team even though it looks like it won't. Again i just wish for the best.

Morris Mott
08-29-2007, 08:59 PM
I don't know what info has been bantering around GBL circles but there is one particular rumor that certain people in the media(in Canada & in Northern League circles) have been trying to keep alive... it's the rumor that the Calgary Vipers & the Edmonton Cracker Cats are considering joining the Golden Baseball League.

Personally, I think it makes no good business sense since traveling up to Canada would make everyone else's travel budget go way up.

What has everyone else heard on this?

Pietsch Fan
08-29-2007, 09:05 PM
I've seen some of it over on the nlfan forum, but I don't see how it could possibly work out. It's going to be hard enough going to Colorado. The travel from SoCal and Yuma to the Northern teams is hard enough. I don't think the GBL is in any position to expand that far North right now.

Mary

preeths
08-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Well the 2007 season has come and gone. Now begins the 6 or 7 months of worrying if your favorite team, or the league will be back for 2008.

Welcome to minor league sports.