PDA

View Full Version : What's next?

S.Sox
08-19-2007, 04:52 PM
What's next fro the best GBL players? The season is in the last week, except for Chico and LB.

Anyway , I was wondering what's next for the guys like Peanut, Kane Simmons, Juan Seneriso,R. Pohle, Brett Flowers..just to name a few that are hitting well over .300 with no call from MLB.

Do these guys play somewhere during the winter or go into the normal workplace.? I'm sure they want a salary, so they won't pay to play in the AWL!

S.Sox

DCNationals
08-20-2007, 01:11 PM
The Puerto Rican winter league just collapsed, so now there are only three top winter leagues. Mexico, Dominican Republic, and Venezuela. The only foreigners (Americans) getting into these leagues now are going to be top MLB prospects, for the most part. I think most of the GBL guys are going to be working construction or something until next spring...

DawgsBooster2
08-20-2007, 03:58 PM
There's also the AWL. *shrug*

S.Sox
08-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Last night on the radio broadcast, Ben Deetch read an email from Kane Simmons father stating Kane has two try outs next week.. It didn't say with a MLB team or another Indy league.. we'll have to wait and see.

S.Sox

GBLCommish
08-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Hi S.Sox,

We market our players to all MLB Farm Directors during the season, and also work to get them off-season opportunities to showcase themselves.

Kane had an exceptional year and he's already been selected by the Phillies and Blue Jays to come to their invitation only tryouts for top indy rookie players - and should receive plenty of more invites. We also managed to place Reno's Adam Amar, Chico's Daniel Naval, Long Beach's Dane De La Rosa & Jaime Martinez in those tryouts with a number of more players yet to be confirmed.

Also, like last season we will send 5-10 GBL players to the Colombian Winter League where the teams' coaches and managers are supplied by MLB teams -- Reno's Mike McTamney & Fullerton's Chris Jakubauskas were two 2006 GBL Colombian Winter League players that signed with major league organizations for the first time this year.

We're also working through our business partner, Global Scouting Bureau to place GBL players in the two Mexican Winter Leagues this year for the first time as well.

In addition, for a number of our more experienced players, we will be working deals with the Atlantic League (primarily AA, AAA, & Major League experienced players) to place them on teams for the last month of their season for additional opportunities to show scouts their abilities.

Many GBL players will play in the Arizona Winter League for the experience and exposure (and at a lower cost as part of the advantages of playing in the GBL). Last year's AWL had three players signed by major league organizations and another 28 that signed with other indy leagues -- and a number that greatly improved and made an impact in the GBL this year like Dustin Gober (LB), Geoff Wagner (ST.G), Shawn Balteff (R), David Ramirez (LB), and many others.

You're right that quite a few will work off-season jobs, but for many this window of opportunity to develop a professional baseball career is open for such a short time that they will play somewhere in the off-season and we'll help them all we can.

Best Regards,
Kevin Outcalt
Commissioner
Golden Baseball League

S.Sox
08-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Great info, just what I was looking for..

Thanks Commish..

S.Sox

padsfan2
08-27-2007, 04:38 PM
I think Target's hiring.