PDA

View Full Version : I Want My Jersey

gblbaseballfan
08-17-2007, 01:00 PM
i was promised a jersey and so were the rest of the season ticket holders. i received a flyer last year saying as a season ticket holder i would get all giveaway promotions that didn't happen i would get free parking that i did get and so did anyone coming to a game and i would get a jersey which i'm still waiting for. the season has passed us by and no jersey. i shelled out 600+ dollars for two seats plus hundreds and hundreds more on road trips and concession stands to support this team and this league and this is how they repay us? by lying? Mr. commish you have been aware of all the "stuff" that has been going down here in Long Beach and all you can do is say Go Armada!! what a bunch of bologna!!! yeah go Armada those boys deserve it but us fans that have been here all along deserve better than just a Go Armada. I WANT MY JERSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peeaanuut
08-17-2007, 01:10 PM
i am totally with you on this. Just another one of the lies sponsored by the league and carried out by poor GM/President performance in the LB front office. Promised promotions taken away, no jersey, promotions changed at the last minute (anyone actually get your arby I plush?). at least the guys are doing great on the field.

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-17-2007, 02:13 PM
They all say (silversox) that we complain too much, but peeaanuut is correct.
How many broken promises have we had. They fired Dave Wellenzohn, they fired Phil, they made Ashley quit! Hell, I heard Jay is working for Chico now. What did we do to deserve this bull?
I was looking forward to the new party deck Dave and Jay bragged about all winter. Anybody see my deck? Plush doll?
I know I've sounded like a broken record but I'm done.
This is going to be a San Diego situation, you all watch and they'll blame Long Beach for not supporting the team ( see SD Dawgs )
A city employee told me that the GBL owes $90,000 in stadium upgrades plus rent and concessions. Also, they have also been kicked out of the visiting team hotel for non payment. This is sounding a lot like San Diego and Dawg Fans, you know how that turned out. I wouldn't be surprised if somehow our team was sabotaged and Yuma got in the playoffs. Beware of trades and sales. OK, I let out some serious steam and now await an answer.

peeaanuut
08-17-2007, 03:45 PM
as a glimmerof good news, i got a call that our jerseys are in. 2 games to go, but they are in. Better late than never? haa haaa

Jay is up in Chico selling post season tickets. The GBL does have a history of moving staff around to help with post season games. It is not so unusual for them to do this. He isnt actually working for them, he is working for the league selling post season tickets. it would be no different if Yuma or Reno was in the post season. Jay just knows how to sell and he is probably one of the best the league has.

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I will believe it when those jersies are in my hands. Until then, as Burt Bacharach wrote" promises, promises"

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Are they ( whoever's left ) handing out season ticket holder jersy's tonite?

LB Parents
08-19-2007, 11:45 AM
They passed-out jersys last night (Sat) at Blair field. They are nice. It would have been nice to have them most of the season.

Softball Chick
08-20-2007, 10:28 AM
I was happy to finally receive my jersey and my signed team baseball. My understanding is that the hold up was the GBL staff, not the Armada staff. I was very dissapointed though these last few games with the quality and type of food that was being served. The hot dogs were awful, they ran out of large cups, and they depleted the sunflower seeds and ice cream and started selling smaller portions. I understand that it is the end of the season, but that is no reason to let quality go downhill.

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-20-2007, 01:38 PM
WELCOME TO OUR WORLD. NOW YOU KNOW WHY WE'RE CRYBABIES.:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

peeaanuut
08-20-2007, 02:36 PM
well the Jerseys arrived and in a drastic change in Steve Bash's policy of deny until you die, he owned up the mistake of some Jerseys not coming in and that he (meaning him and the front office) is working to rectify the problem in the next few days. So I guess that is a plus?

Btw: who was supposed to get an autographed ball? I saw some people that were box holders and some that were not going down to get them on the field. Was it a random thing or was it an all season ticket holder thing?

Softball Chick
08-20-2007, 04:32 PM
It was my understanding at the start of the season that season tickets holders were to get signed balls, but yesterday they seemed to be giving them out at random. They had to have had them for awhile now because there are signatures on them from players no longer on the team.

gblbaseballfan
08-22-2007, 11:38 AM
i got a ball and you are right softball chick i take it they were signed at the start of the season. they had Myers signature and he was only with us a few games and also had LaRue and Zick. the balls are still cool it's to bad not all season tickets holders got them

NachoMan
08-22-2007, 07:58 PM
I remember being told at the beginning of the season that all season ticket holders would receive signed balls and jerseys. If they didn't have enough how hard is it just to get more balls signed? And order large size cups for the concession stands. I've never seen a sports organization not order supplies towards the end of the season. Makes you wonder why?

DawgsBooster2
08-23-2007, 12:57 AM
Anyone have a photo of their spiffy new jersey?

I'd love to see it.