PDA

View Full Version : Dawgs in 08?

SDawgs
08-15-2007, 01:46 AM
I heard through the grapevine that the Dawgs are returning in 08. Is there any substance to this rumor?

DawgsBooster2
08-15-2007, 01:52 AM
I heard through the grapevine that the Dawgs are returning in 08. Is there any substance to this rumor?

Oi. From your mouth to G-d's ears.

I just hope it's within 30-45 min from our place so that we can host another player.

Any further away from us than that and it would be like going to see the Flyers, Armada or Storm play....a once in a great while thing.

jd_aka_monty
08-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Unless the Dawgs are playing at SDSU again, which I doubt, there would need to be some investment in time and money in a location that supports a minor league venue. The ONLY fields that I know of in the area that are being built or are in need of building are...

Cal State San Marcos (CSSM), who currently plays their season at San Marcos High School. I've personally coached a travel club that played there and have played there myself, and it DEFINITELY does not support CSSM's needs. And, I know that they're looking to build a field.

The other location that I know of is Mission Hills High School. They are currently in the process of building some new baseball and softball fields with LIGHTS!!! There are VERY few fields in San Diego County that have lights, but here in North County, that will make 2, Escondido and Mission Hills. And of course Pointsettia Park in Carlsbad, but that field would need a LOT of work.

Other than that, I don't know of a place where they are "building" a field, unless Southwestern or even Grossmont are willing to invest a sizable chunk of change into upgrading their stadium to support a minor league venue.

Chances are, I would THINK, that it would be some where in North County. But, the only person to confirm or deny that, would be the one who is working on making the deal happen.

But, when the Dawgs come back, you know where you'll find me... :-D

Monty