PDA

View Full Version : My View at PBL Combine

MinorofaMan
08-11-2007, 02:44 PM
So I just returned from the PBL combine at Georgetown Prep. There were about 40 players trying out and about 5 or 6 scouts (that were visibly showing their team). 3 from Reading, 1 from Minnesota, and 2 from Maryland, plus one more for Rochester (I think). I was only there for about an hour or two, mainly watching the games. There were 2 guys filming games and one taking photos. Players were split up into 4 teams either wearing gold or green PBL tees.

There will be 2 (maybe 3) more tryouts/combines. The next will be September 15th at DePaul University's McGrath Arena then one in Los Angles and maybe Dallas.

I don't know about the schedule yet and I picked up a poster and pamphlet (spelt wrong, probably) and all in all it was a good tryout, not to big, some pretty good talent, too.

tbayz1
08-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Any names(players) that are pretty well-known in the minor league world there??

rider
08-13-2007, 11:56 AM
The PBL doesn't need player combines , it needs commmitted teams and signed leases. Time is running out!

MinorofaMan
08-15-2007, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't say there were many well known minor league players, it was mainly local college guys, a couple Terps, and Colonials, division II, so forth. No international players I can say (only 2 white ballplayers both US college players). There weren't 52 players, unless some left before I arrived, and there were more like 9 refs opposed to 12. I saw Neal, he was talking with the officials, I think one or two reffed some of my high school games. I'm gonna see if I can get more info for you guys.