PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach, here we come.

Pietsch Fan
08-09-2007, 08:49 PM
We're heading up to Long Beach tomorrow to catch a game. Fingers crossed that the traffic won't be too bad.

Mary

jd_aka_monty
08-09-2007, 10:59 PM
I wish I could go up there and sit next to Dan and Darrel...and second guess them for a game! hahahahaha...I know they'd let me catch some pen... :D

Have fun!

Can't wait to see you guys at the Top Gun game at Tony Gwynn Stadium on Sunday @ 5:30 PM.

This is a standing invitation to ANYONE who would like to come out and watch a very good rivalry between two 18AAA amateur teams going head to head for Top Gun. The game pitts two leagues playing against each other, both teams having already won their league championships!

Black Storm vs SoCal Express. Both teams are comprised of ex-college, ex-pro, and current Mexican minor league ball players.

Would LOVE to see anyone who can make it!!! Yours truly will be behind the dish, cuttin' fools up for the Black Storm.

Go Long Beach!!!

Monty

Pietsch Fan
08-09-2007, 11:36 PM
I wish I could go up there and sit next to Dan and Darrel...and second guess them for a game! hahahahaha...I know they'd let me catch some pen... :D

Have fun!

Can't wait to see you guys at the Top Gun game at Tony Gwynn Stadium on Sunday @ 5:30 PM.

This is a standing invitation to ANYONE who would like to come out and watch a very good rivalry between two 18AAA amateur teams going head to head for Top Gun. The game pitts two leagues playing against each other, both teams having already won their league championships!

Black Storm vs SoCal Express. Both teams are comprised of ex-college, ex-pro, and current Mexican minor league ball players.

Would LOVE to see anyone who can make it!!! Yours truly will be behind the dish, cuttin' fools up for the Black Storm.

Go Long Beach!!!

Monty

Argh!!!!! I completely forgot about that. We're not going to be able to make it. Bleh. Darn. I'm so sorry.

Mary

jd_aka_monty
08-10-2007, 08:28 AM
*sighs* GO figure... :(

DawgsBooster2
08-10-2007, 11:57 AM
*sighs* GO figure... :(

Sucks for us most.

We really enjoyed seeing you play and cheering you on during the AWL game we got to see.

It'll happen again, I'm sure of it.

Play hard, play safe and be sure to let us know how you do.

jd_aka_monty
08-10-2007, 01:45 PM
I totally understand! The fam was just looking foward to see you guys. You guys always make everything so much fun...

We play again next Wednesday for the Woodbat Week Day league championship, 5:30 PM, just not sure where yet. But, it's not as big a game. That will be my third Championship I'm playing in this summer alone. It has been one productive summer...

Hopefully, Kevin will find a way to find me a spot to help out again next AWL season. I want to help out and catch some games, if possible, before it's too late for me to enjoy playing. Then, we can ALL have some fun out there again!!!

Good luck and hope your travels are safe!!!

Tell everyone up there I said, "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzz uuuuuppppp?"

Monty

DawgsBooster2
08-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Mary, James and I had fun in Long Beach, the crowd was decent and the fireworks were cool...bummer about the $hit calls at second and third.

That infield ump is a bad-bad ump. We've seen him now twice (once in Yuma and one in LB) and he was HORRIBLE both times. And that's coming from someone who doesn't care who wins the games. :mad: He is just horrible.

There is much more to post about but as it's 1:10am, I'll wait until later. So. Tired.

jd_aka_monty
08-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Sounds like you guys had a GREAT TRIP!

It's even sweeter, cause my BOYEE Dustin Gober is throwin' the lights out! He's now 5-0 and I LOVED catchin him the AWL, glad I set him up to go!!!

BTW: We won Top Gun last night at Tony Gwynn, in front of a crowd that would have beat our Surf Dawg attendance in quite a few of the middle of the season games. The game at Tony Gwynn was awesome! I took a beating behind the dish and couldn't hit the offspeed poopoo to save my life, but it was an INCREDIBLE TIME! One more the go, Wednesday night! Then, the Labor Day Tournament... :D

Hope all continues to go well for everyone!!!

GBLCommish
08-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Hi John,

Your boy Dustin Gober just won GBL Pitcher of the Week award as he went 2-0 with a 1.88 E.R.A while striking out 11 and walking only 4 in 14 innings during his two starts. You are right that he was discovered and signed in the Arizona Winter League afer you recommended he attend. What a great fill-in starter for the Armada after they lost Jeremy Zick to the Toronto Blue Jays.

Best Regards,
Kevin Outcalt
Commissioner
Golden Baseball League
925-226-2896
commish@goldenbaseball.com

Baseball Dad
08-13-2007, 03:58 PM
...nice ink in the Player of the Week announcement.

Ed

jd_aka_monty
08-13-2007, 11:33 PM
That was DEFINITELY all Dustin! Talk about fun catching someone who hits their spots and doesn't shake a sign. It was a BLAST! I hope to do it again some day soon!!!

But, most of all, would LOVE to see Dustin get a ring. Even though, I'm kind of torn. Because, I told Mark Parent during the AWL, I felt this was going to be his year. We shall see, what we shall see, eh?

Let's see how the next undiscovered, Danny Silvas does for St. George. I caught him in our Denver tournament for the San Diego Stars. He and I were lights out in our game one of that tournament. He just graduated from Patten University and was signed by Tecate the week later following our tournament and was one of the pitchers I was looking to hookup with Garry Templeton and the OC Flyers. Danny put up a 4-0 record with them in a few short weeks.

Thank you Kevin (et all) for giving these kids (as well as myself) an opportunity to play and for providing a venue for MANY to flourish, when so many doors had been closed.

Long live the GBL, with Kevin at the helm!

Monty