PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a 2008 poll?

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-04-2007, 10:28 AM
Removed, Removed, Removed

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-04-2007, 07:59 PM
Removed, Removed

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-05-2007, 07:19 PM
:mad: :evil: :oops: :roll: We have 6 home games left and I am going to try and be positive. That is why I removed the nasty poll I put up. Check back in September and plenty of the nastiness will become true yet today I will not go down that road.
But one thing I'm going to do is hold on to my season ticket renewal check until some things become clearer in Good Ol' Blair.
Chico vs. LB in the playoffs with it being a 3 game set all in Chico. I can see that coming soon to a theater near you.

gblbaseballfan
08-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Hang in there behind home plate. yeah i'm holding on to my season ticket check and so are a few people i know. but for now sit back put on your 2007 LB Jersey oh wait we never got those did we? do we get money back for that? oh well another broken promise. enjoy the rest of the season!!!!!! Go Armada!!!!!

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-06-2007, 07:26 PM
Where's my Jersey? Maybe we get 2 next year.:eek: :eek: :eek:

gblbaseballfan
08-07-2007, 05:42 PM
maybe they can mail mine since i might not be back next year. from what i hear he hates us left field people anyways i heard he said i hate them and i hope they never f'ing come back now that's what i heard i was not there to hear it in person so i can't say it's true and i choose to believe it's not because it hurts my feelings.

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-07-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm tired of worrying about Bash. If he buys the team, we're gone. If the OC guys buy the team, we're back. If the GBl folds, that's that.
My vote is the last will come true. There ain't no way a business can be run like this and still function. All you season ticket holders watch: They're going to fire Klein next, blame the fans and then move all the playoffs to Chico. You read it here first.:oops: :cry: :cry: :roll:

gblbaseballfan
08-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Klein needs to be running the Armada. i see that guy busting his butt everynight. and he actually comes out and says hi to the fans and they like him. i mean they really like him. wow i'm getting depressed just thinking about the possible end of the Armada.:(

S.Sox
08-08-2007, 04:22 PM
:( I think there is a true concern in Reno regarding the return of the Sox. With a AAA team coming in 2009 many Sox fans are concerned aobut the future.

I will say things in Reno have been really good since Curt Jacey took over as GM about 2 months ago.
We have seen several new promotions since Jacey took over like, Sd Chicken, Kids Club, Family Night, and new this week Sox Baseball Card Night on August 18th.

I'm kinda concerned that we have not seen the Commish, FlyersGM, and other GBL brass on the site for some time....?:confused: They used to all be daily posters........

S.Sxo

gblbaseballfan
08-08-2007, 04:48 PM
the end is near? i really hope not. Commish? wow how sad:confused:

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-08-2007, 05:23 PM
:oops: :lol: Let's think about it. LB /trouble OC/ fair, St.George/flop, Reno/AAA, Chico/Yuma/good.
End of three years, big deals are over, so is the GBL. I hate to see it but you are right. Jay Klein is the only one left and he is ready to jump into the ocean.
We have 6 games left and I'm saying right now that we want our playoff games in LB.
:roll: :roll:

Pietsch Fan
08-08-2007, 05:29 PM
I must admit that I, too, have been concerned that we haven't heard from any of the GBL folks lately. Are they just busy or is something more going on?

Mary

padsfan2
08-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Let's see, how does Take Me Out To the Ball Game go....."for it's 1, 2, 3 years your out for the GBL". Bad thing is the fans won't be notified their team didn't make the grade until next year, the GBL has a history of dragging the fans along.

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-08-2007, 06:28 PM
Surfdawgs fans, don't worry, we'll be back, give us your money. Oops, bye.
Don't worry, everythings great, never been better. BYE

Pietsch Fan
08-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Surfdawgs fans, don't worry, we'll be back, give us your money. Oops, bye.
Don't worry, everythings great, never been better. BYE

Luckily this year all we pay for is food ;)

Mary

JPotter
08-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Behind, I would humbly disagree that St. George is a flop. The team record may not be great, but we have 95% of our players with host families who adore their guys. We don't have the attendance because the on-field product is not great, yet.

Unless you have been to a game at Bruce Hurst Field and experienced the product, I feel it is unfair to call the RoadRunners a flop.

Just ask the people on the board who have been to a game in SG, they have liked it.

Give us a year or two to catch up with the other established organizations.

Pietsch Fan
08-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Behind, I would humbly disagree that St. George is a flop. The team record may not be great, but we have 95% of our players with host families who adore their guys. We don't have the attendance because the on-field product is not great, yet.

Unless you have been to a game at Bruce Hurst Field and experienced the product, I feel it is unfair to call the RoadRunners a flop.

Just ask the people on the board who have been to a game in SG, they have liked it.

Give us a year or two to catch up with the other established organizations.

More specifics will be in my Roadrunner thread post tonight, but I can tell you right now - if the GBL continues and if the Roadrunners can find a way to win some games, they will be playing to full houses every night.

Mary

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-08-2007, 08:01 PM
I was basing my "flop" on attendance. I'm sorry. Keep plugging away and Good luck.

RW22
08-08-2007, 08:44 PM
If bad attendance is compared to loving host families---then, I will take the FLOP anyday of the week!! St Geoerge seems to be building their base, whereas the other teams have had a two year head start. In my limited dealings with the Runners, and their fans, I can tell you that I have NEVER run across a more genuine bunch of people. They may not be winning, but they are doing everything the right way. So....would I want a 2-26 team every year?? Nope, no fan would---but I would stand in their corner EVERY year to support the way they are doing it. Although their record does not reflect the effort put in, I am very proud to have the Runners and their management in the GBL!!
They work hard and do it the right way....what more can (or should ) you ask for!!

RW

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-09-2007, 08:30 AM
More money in the ticket booth to pay the bills, thats what you can ask to start.