PDA

View Full Version : Ouch at Blair Field

LB Parents
07-31-2007, 02:31 AM
Those of you who come to Blair Field, have you noticed that the entertainment and activities (other than that from the players who we really go to see) has been fewer and horrible since Phil was fired?????

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-31-2007, 07:51 AM
Skipped Barrow Night. What exactly happened?

peeaanuut
07-31-2007, 11:15 AM
my main issue with the new onfield guy is that he is hard to hear. Either he is too quiet or he is trying to be loud but it sounds like he is eating the microphone. He really needs to learn how to project his voice if he is going to be an onfield personality. Like the guy from San Diego. While I didnt find him ammusing he was able to project his voice and you could hear what was going in.

gblbaseballfan
07-31-2007, 11:53 AM
is there entertainment between innings since Phil was let go? I never noticed must not be that entertaining. i hear crowed noise i hear people screaming you're no Phillip Goodman i hear comments like Jarrod was a better GM hard to believe but might be true i don't know. i'm going to have to pay more attention next time but by the sounds of it i'm not missing much. oh yeah one more thing i'm glad the kids have been left out of some things like the balloon toss the frozen shirt the firefighter race so that we can have bingo bingo bingo arghhhhhhh i would rip up my season tickets if it were'nt for the guys Go Armada!!!!

peeaanuut
07-31-2007, 12:09 PM
Does any other park have Bingo?

I dont mind Bingo, but when they have the Bingo numbers up on the scoreboard through 3 batters and dont show the batters info, that gets annoying. At least they go rid of the Varmits. That guy really had an annoying voice. Announce the numbers between innings, and play 1 game only. Simple and easy. It will be done by the 4th inning and we wont have to hear that BingoBingo call they do between every batter.

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Barrow Night? What was it?

LB Parents
07-31-2007, 05:24 PM
The Armada players have been great entertainment. But as mentioned, many of the tradition Blair games and activities have stopped. Why? There is less for the kids to get involved in since the games now are more adult oriented except the 1st inning race and "Dash for Dough."

RW22
08-01-2007, 01:37 AM
I not sure even Phil could save what is going on. I have noticed less kids participation, maybe that coincides with the "difficulty" of getting the promotions set up. It seems like they PA guy is doing nothing between innings but running back and forth between 1st and third--not every promotion needs to be split up every half inning. There also seems to be a ton of staff on the field as well, creating confusion as to who is participating and blocking views. They also seem to be getting longer, I saw a game this week where the opposing pitcher had taken his warmups-catcher threw the ball down and then back to the pitcher. Everyone on the field was ready to play, except the promotion was still going on. That is just bad sense
It seems as if the promos have become complex, thus not making it easy for staff to explain to kids. I know I get tired of watching certain promotios time and time again, but they are simple and the kids like 'em!
Simply and stay out of the way....

peeaanuut
08-01-2007, 12:32 PM
last night was decent. While you could still not understand the new announcer guy, you could tell what was going on on the field games. It was actually refreshing to see the staff, INCLUDING STEVE BASH, participate in some of the events in a comical way. The outfits were quite funny. Rumor has it that Bash even paid for the staffs outfits out of pocket which is also very good to see. He doesnt HAVE to spend money out of pocket, but it is nice seeing him take an interest in the team and what is going on on the field.

Too bad he cant bowl to save his life. He barely nixed 1 pin.

Lets hope this is an attempt at a better attempt and not for other reasons.

Hey COmmish: There were rumblings that you were in the stands. I did not notice you there but I am also not exactly quite sure what you look like. If you were, what did you think of the events on the field?

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-01-2007, 06:21 PM
If the Commish was in the stands, that would explain Bash on the field, don't you think?

GBLCommish
08-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Nope, I was not at the Long Beach game last night. I arrived in Yuma yesterday and am here for the next couple of days. Hope to be in Long Beach soon, though. Joe -- I'll look you up on my next visit to Blair as I'd like to catch up with you on a variety of topics.

Best Regards,
Kevin

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Hey Peeaanuuts, Let the rest of us know who he is. I also want to share some "thoughts"
Thanks

BHPLB

peeaanuut
08-02-2007, 12:57 AM
Nope, I was not at the Long Beach game last night. I arrived in Yuma yesterday and am here for the next couple of days. Hope to be in Long Beach soon, though. Joe -- I'll look you up on my next visit to Blair as I'd like to catch up with you on a variety of topics.

Best Regards,
Kevin

That would be great. Just give me some heads up notice so I can make sure that I am at that game.