PDA

View Full Version : A whole new appreciation for Peccole

Silver Sox Fan
07-29-2007, 01:27 AM
I am on the road and took in game in Visalia with the Class-A Oaks. Their park makes ours look like PNC Park. I posted some thoughts on my blog. If you have been there, I'd love to know if you saw it the same way.

ChicoManiac
07-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Silver Sox Fan...

Read your blog on Visalia and was surprised at how poorly it seems to be run...don't know why the California League stays there with so many better markets....although I've been to Bakersfield and Modesto and it's not much better...of the older California League ballparks the best experience I've had has been at the San Jose Giants games but their stadium is pretty rundown and in a lousy part of town....but their barbecue is killer and they did a great job on promotions and even had one mid-inning event where players threw baseballs at an old car and won something if they knocked out the headlights...

We visited Fort Hunter Ligget years ago when my kid had a California Mission report on the old mission inside the base....we also went to a Chico Heat game in Salinas that year which is very close to the base...the Salinas ballpark is in the rodeo grounds...you should go visit it as it is a very cool old wooden grandstand type...

Silver Sox Fan
07-30-2007, 02:33 AM
CM, thanks for the idea to visit Salinas. We don't have a lot of time off (physical training at 6AM, class from 8-5, and then 2-3 hours of homework) but we are supposed to have Sunday off. I plan to go to a Fresno Grizzlies game but will try to swing by the Salinas stadium. I always enjoy seeing baseball parks since each on is different. What are they doing with it now?

So Cal League is pretty hit or miss in terms of stadium quality, huh? I always figured they were like the Epicenter in Rancho, just older. Guess I was wrong and never knew how good I had it back home, either!