PDA

View Full Version : Yuma Juggernaut....

ChicoManiac
07-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Every team that's visited us in the second half makes me wonder how the heck we won the first half.....this Yuma team has a scarier offense than anyone we've seen as they beat us 12-9...last time they came we swept them but they had a bunch of injuries....now with Goss healthy and this new Valentine cleanup hitter it's a much tougher group...they display season batting averages for each hitter as they come up at Nettleton and the first five Scorpions are all over .300 with Goss at .380 something....could be first GBL .400 hitter since Desi's MVP season in 2005.

We finally got our bats going after being down 9-0 after 4 innings and made abit of a comeback with three runs in the 9th but were never really in it last night...Nava blasted out another for us and Dragicevich had three or four hits ...but all three of our pitchers got smacked around...Yuma catcher caught a beanball in the face and had to be taken to the hospital but the newspaper reported today that he's fine.

I'm worried that the Outlaws are coasting and won't be ready for the playoffs with this slow second half start...but there is a month to go and hopefully we'll get it together and maybe add some fresh arms to the pitching staff...

Go Outlaws!

ChicoManiac
07-29-2007, 02:42 PM
Ouch, thought we were going to have a typical Outlaw comeback last night....but instead got clobbered in the 10th. Yuma's lineup is so stacked...but everyone seems to have improved their rosters in the second half except us....our only move has been swapping out backup catchers....

Go Outlaws!

aztlgrl
07-30-2007, 03:11 PM
looks like you got your win last night! :eek: Wish I could've been there for that series. It sounded like a lot of fun over the radio! ;) Not looking forward to tonight as we play St. George. Our boys left Chico last night, on the bus, at 10:45PM and didn't arrive back in Yuma until 11:30AM. They look hagard. This is will make the game interesting I'm sure. When you're 0-10 you have to win sometime, I'm just hoping it's not against us....

Heather

LB Parents
07-30-2007, 07:23 PM
St. George also had to travel, but at least their game Sunday ended in the late afternoon and not late at night.