PDA

View Full Version : Commish,Team Exec's How about this promo

S.Sox
07-27-2007, 11:46 PM
I went to the game tonight, I forgot my AM radio. I was not able to listen to the broadcast of the game, no AM radios for sale at Peccole Park. Had to leave early sick kid....

It gave me a thought about a promo, why not have a AM/FM portable radio night. What better way to get your fans to hear your advertisers then support them. I have used some of the Sox advertisers, I'm sure to tell them where I heard about them.

Also as baseball fans we all know how addicting it is to listen to them game on the radio. The announcer tells you more about the players your watching and you become more involved in your team.

I felt naked without my radio tonight.. it gave me time to think.

S.Sox

flyersgm
07-28-2007, 12:56 AM
LOVE the idea...we pre-set all the radios to our station, and do contests all night long that are only heard on the radio - we condition people to listen to the games on the radio, as there are things you can only win by listening...hear your name, or seat number, on the air, come to the Guest Services Booth, and win stuff!!

Absolutely love it - pricing AM radios now...going to talk to Radio Shack on Monday about sponsoring it - perhaps we can make this a league-wide deal...

Even though your team beat us up tonight, S.Sox, I still love ya!

If we make it work, I will be sure that you get ALL the credit!!

Thanks! Keep the ideas coming, folks!!!

Ed

Pietsch Fan
07-28-2007, 10:11 AM
That is a good idea, but can all teams use it? Are all teams' games broadcast on the radio?

Mary

peeaanuut
07-28-2007, 01:16 PM
this is an awesome idea. It doesnt have to even be a great radio. Just something quick and easy, slap a sponsors name on it and your good to go.

Awesome idea!!

Way to take it up quickly Ed. Thats the kind of response time that will set this league apart.