PDA

View Full Version : Another So. Cal. Pitcher Dominates

S.Sox
07-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Who is this Reed Dickert !???

What a domination of the Outlaws last night!!!!!! :infun: ...(LOL)

DICKERT, OCY, 8.1 INNINGS, 0 RUNS, 2 HITS, 15 STRIKEOUTS

Now we have another pitcher who seems to have come from no where and is pitching like a stud..
58 innngs , 25 earned, 32 BB, and 83 strikeouts!!..the best number I thoughht was ONLY 3 HRS given up in the 58 innings..

OC fans where did this guy come from, I can only find his stats from 2006 as far as a pro career..

Do we have another So-Cal player being picked up soon????( MLB)

S.Sox

flyersgm
07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
You forgot to mention that Reed had a no hitter going with two outs in the 8th inning, before Steve Boggs hit a double to break it up.

Reed is in his first full season with us. He graduated from Oklahoma City College last year, pitched AGAINST us in Spring Training for a local semi-pro team, and threw 6 innings of shutout ball that day.

Garry and I signed him in the middle of the season, and he was dominant out of the pen all season long, posting an ERA under 2.

With the reduction in the salary cap this season, and with the retirement of three of our top pitchers after last season, Dickert found himself thrust into the #1 spot this year, and other than two shaky starts, has excelled! Scouts are looking at him, and last night did not do anything to hurt his chances.

Oh yeah, and his girl friend is in the running to become Miss Oklahoma.

Toss in Ben Fox (3-0 with a 0.67 ERA) who throws in Reno tonight, Michael Natate (3-2. 3.44, 60 k's in 55 IP), and then the 6 inning shutout performances by Nate Holguin and Daniel Arizemendi up in Chico this week, and you can see why Garry and I are very excited about the direction we are headed.

The Flyers will be climbing the standings - this I guarantee.

Thanks

Ed

S.Sox
07-27-2007, 10:51 AM
Very interesting, Thanks Ed...

Sorry to say, the Sox are ready to skin Fox tonight!!

That ERA is about to explode!!:D (lol)

S.Sox

Ex Flyer Fan
07-27-2007, 05:10 PM
We can only hope Sox.......Go Reno!!

RW22
07-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Ok Fox is pitching tonight----if he gives up a homer and starts to talk to himself; is that a charged visit to the mound????

HAhahahahaha!!!!:)

S.Sox
07-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Good question RW22 & funny!

S.Sox

flyersgm
07-28-2007, 01:47 AM
Love the "Fox talks to himself..." comment. Good stuff.

I see "EX" has five favorite teams now..anyone playing the Flyers! That's cool. My two favorite college football teams are USC and anyone that plays UCLA. I understand!

Cheers! By the way - a group of us from our front office went out to LB tonight to support St George, Cory Snyder, Rick Berry, et al. Tough times for them, but hopefully they will turn things around...classy people going through a tough time...

Ed

DawgsBooster2
07-28-2007, 10:40 AM
I see "EX" has five favorite teams now..anyone playing the Flyers! That's cool. My two favorite college football teams are USC and anyone that plays UCLA. I understand!

Same for me with my Padres and Chargers. Funny how we fans are like that, eh? :)