PDA

View Full Version : GBL salaries

Ex Flyer Fan
07-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Does anybody have any idea what the salaries are for GBL players? I'd really like to know the difference between the salaries that I know and the ones I don't know.

FlyerFan
07-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Below is an answer to your question from the commish back on 6/1... simple answer... not much!
1. GBL Salary Structure
- There is no minimum or maximum salary, but the monthly player payroll cap of approximately $20K for a 22 (or in some cases 21) man roster does put the monthly average salary at about your $1K figure. This applies to all teams, league-owned or locally-owned, although teams can go over but pay a cap excess fine/tax. Most teams have a number of rookies at the low-end, a number of players around the average, and a few more experienced players over. Our salary structure is very similar to the Frontier League ($600-$1200), but less than the Atlantic or Northern Leagues that go after more veteran players.

Ex Flyer Fan
07-25-2007, 06:19 PM
So I guess people can assume that Peanut makes around $1200.00?

GBLCommish
07-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Hi Ex Flyer Fan,

In addition to the info provided by Flyer Fan, all GBL players who don't live locally also receive housing during the season (host family or hotel or apartment depending on what their team has organized). Sorry I can't give you any more salary info on specific players, such as Peanut, as that is a private matter between the player and his team.

Also, please feel free to contact me directly if there are issues or feedback that you'd like to discuss regarding the league or the fan experience.

Best Regards,
Kevin Outcalt
Commissioner
Golden Baseball League
925-226-2896
commish@goldenbaseball.com

Ex Flyer Fan
07-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Thanks Commish for taking the time to reply. I just wanted to do a comparison paper on all the independant leagues.
Thanks again