PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Director??

RW22
07-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Ok...enough is enough. I throw my hat in to be the new (if there is one) marketing director for 6 teams in the GBL..OC and STG are excused....
but gee whiz, how hard is it to get people to come and watch baseball...
LGB desides it want to "glorify" dogfighting? No problem, buy season tickets and I will bring a American Terrier to your kids birthday party.
The fact that you bring in the autrousities of abuse is noble. The pandering of their plight is assinine; the fact that you bring the assailiants name in to benefit you is just plain sick.
As a matter of FACT, GM of Long Beach, I have not seen your dog personally. I HAVE seen your brothers, how would you feel if I were to treat it in the same manner as M Vick did his? My guess is, you and he would want an explaination....
So Mr. Bash---lets bring out the pup and have have an "awareness" day for his puppy....not so "cute" now is it??

peeaanuut
07-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Bash did have a dog. He killed it. It was a rare breed of dog too. An Ice Dog.

Pietsch Fan
07-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Bash did have a dog. He killed it. It was a rare breed of dog too. An Ice Dog.

LOL, that's funny. Here's my question about that, though, the Gulls went away at the same time as the Ice Dogs. Down here we thought it was lousy management, too. Rumor was that the owners wanted to sell the team but insisted that the new owners keep the current GM (owner's son-in-law or something). Is it possible that the two SoCal teams going under at the same time are related?

Mary

peeaanuut
07-25-2007, 01:10 PM
If you go back in the history of the Ice Dogs, the team lost money from day 1. That is 15 or so years ago. The problem was that had it continued as it did before Bash showed up, it would still be around and the city would have been willing to help and such. His actions accelerated their decline. Rumor is that the ECHL has banned him from ever being involved with them ever again. That is Rumor and not stated fact, but it is from a reliable source within the ECHL.

S.Sox
07-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Ok...enough is enough. I throw my hat in to be the new (if there is one) marketing director for 6 teams in the GBL..OC and STG are excused....
but gee whiz, how hard is it to get people to come and watch baseball...
LGB desides it want to "glorify" dogfighting? No problem, buy season tickets and I will bring a American Terrier to your kids birthday party.
The fact that you bring in the autrousities of abuse is noble. The pandering of their plight is assinine; the fact that you bring the assailiants name in to benefit you is just plain sick.
?

Guys/Gals,

I think we all feel that Ed does a great job in the "OC", I must say since Curt Jacey has taken over (Reno) for the "Do Nothing Dortch" he has proven a lot to me. Jacey has pushed in the Kids Club, added numerous promos,email updates, website updates, and just a better Minor league Baseball Experience..Not sure aobut the GM's in STG & Yuma but we all need to be thankful for the two that are doing thier jobs...and doing them well..

S.Sox

peeaanuut
07-25-2007, 01:14 PM
I agree that the OC marketing is much better. Having 1 person per team might be the solution. Once again it comes down to money. You spend money to make money. 1 marketing person per team would really help out getting butts in the stands.

RW22
07-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I can asure you that the Gulls and Ice Dogs situations were completely seperate transactions. The Hahn Family wanted to sell the team and keep the son-in-law on board in some VP/GM position. They also wanted the new ownership group to put in upwards of 10 million bucks in upgrades to the aging Sports Arena. The leatest that I hear from down that way is that if the city agrees and they get the permits from the Coastal Commission-you can say good bye to the SA and hello to 3000 new homeowners.
As far as the Ice Dogs go, it was just purely bad management-there is no spin on that at all. They were going to lose money, as peeannut says, but there was an acceptable level that they were willing to lose; and they just didnt get it done.