PDA

View Full Version : Armada continue to reach lower and lower...

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-24-2007, 06:23 PM
How sad is it that the Armada need to exploit Michael Vick's name and cruelty to dogs as a way to garner publicity. Trying to garner some publicity with his name is not funny, just sad.
I for one will avoid Blair Field that day rather than have to explain to my 2 sons what is supposed to be so funny about dog fighting and killing innocent animals. Boy oh boy, just when you think Bash and Co. couldn't top the injured OC player incident........ NOT FUNNY. Just not funny.:mad: :mad: :mad:

FlyerFan
07-24-2007, 07:15 PM
what can be said.... very, very bad taste... and the league is ok with this for "family" entertainment? commish, you out there hearing this?

Pietsch Fan
07-24-2007, 07:38 PM
That was my first reaction, too, but after reading people's comments (wherever it was I saw it) I had second thoughts. It can be a successful, tasteful and educational event. Can be, not will be. That's up to the Armada staff.

Mary

padsfan2
07-24-2007, 07:40 PM
I never thought I would be saying this, but after reading the LB promo on their page, I'm glad San Diego is no longer associated with the GBL. You're right, that sets a whole knew low in baseball promos.

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-24-2007, 07:52 PM
Using Vick's name is just a cheap way to get some pub. Whatever "good will " they wrap around it will be just fluff. There is no way to say their hearts are in the right place on this one. If so it would have been on the promotional schedule as something they believed well before this.

RW22
07-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Maybe a better way to promote would have been..."in the light of recent events regarding Mike Vick; we have decided to PROMOTE animal awareness"

I am just confused as to the "bonfire" that they are planning...fire during daylight doesnt usually charge many people up.

It may garner headlines, but I dont know how many bodies it will attract.

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-25-2007, 07:38 AM
Well, you know there won't be a fire. Just talk before any thought of how it would happen. That's the key to the whole season actually.
Really, who in Long Beach has any Vick stuff? Know your fanbase, Bash?

peeaanuut
07-25-2007, 12:22 PM
I am not going into the field or stadium that day. Instead there is going to a party in Left Field. If anyone has been to the field, they knowthat there is an elevated road in the park that overlooks left people. Almost every night there is at least 1 person hanging out there watching the game. We will be out there with food and a good atmosphere. I invite anyone who wants to come by and hang out to bring some food, some drinks (no alcohol in LB parts) and a good attitude. We can still cheer on our boys and not support the current dictatorship in the LB front office.

EDIt: The ironic thing is that Bash has already shown he has no problem with killing dogs.

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-25-2007, 02:10 PM
The "outside the park" protest sounds great. Count my family in.

gblbaseballfan
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM
we will be out at left field. it's sad how they are using such a cruel and ugly event to try to promote "awereness" Hey Bash way to stick it to The Long Beach Armada of Los Angeles of California of North America including Barrow Alaska again. I'm following the rats, the ship is sinking. Wow how long before the GBL stops turning their heads? By the way no more bon fire now they are using the t-shirts and Jersey's as pooper scoopers and wee wee pads. wow such cleverness looks like i'll be a flyer fan next year if he comes back or i might just walk away all together. R.I.P Ice Dogs and maybe soon Armada.

RW22
07-26-2007, 05:15 PM
Yes, I am actually asking you to consider me the voice of reason on this one. I do agree the event is ugly; it is in bad taste; I do not agree with it...that being said....

The problem with the protest is that it only hurts the people that we want to succeed---the players. How about this---protest for the first three innings outside; have someone take pictures from inside the stadium showing your displeasure and send them to the GBL offices. I hear, unofficially that CBS2 will be there as well.
Then, come in and do what we should be doing---SUPPORT your boys!!

The messege will be sent, and you can also cheer your team on....a complete protest outside the park, I would assume, would delfate the spirits of the players. The team already has your ticket money, come on in and let the kids know that its about them, and not some stupid promotion.

I think the players on the field deserve that support; they cant help that management screwed up--they just play ball!!!

DawgsBooster2
07-26-2007, 05:30 PM
I'm groovin' on the out-side-the-field protest.

The players can see/hear them cheering from that hill.

It would be a shallow protest to only be out there for a couple of innings then come in anyway. That would be as bad as me telling my 11 year old son, "James, go clean your room." Then waiting a few minutes then saying, "Ok, really... just make your bed, that'll be good enough."

No, dang it. The GBL needs to clean their room, the whole room.

Peanut, if I could I'd join you guys.

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-26-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm bringing a lawn chair and a cooler and some chips and I'll make sure they can hear me out on the sidewalk.
This is maybe how I'll attend all the games from here out.
Does Domino's deliver to a leftfield location?

peeaanuut
07-26-2007, 07:29 PM
RW: I think your missunderstanding what we are going to do. We are not going to be picketing or yelling bad stuff about the team. We are just not going to go into the park for that game and just hang out in left field. The guys can see and hear us from there quite well. It is not going to be a chained to the fence being drug off by cops protest. It is merely an extension of our no purchasing stuff in the park protest. Most of us attending are Season Ticket holders so they already have our ticket money. its a visibility thing.

RW22
07-27-2007, 02:19 AM
:)
I understand it!! I get it!!! I really do. If you have seen the actual transcripts in this case; you would be absolutely mortified. Complete and unexcusable behavour. It would make you throw up.
The problem I have with the protest is that it takes away from the kids. Ya know, the ones we are there to watch??
I am all for accountability here--but I am also a fan of the game and the kids who play it. Its not about a "timeout" for your kids---its about letting management know that you are not happy. Jam Steves email box, have friends do it too...but when we go to the park--its not about the GBL, the Commish, Steve, Ed or whoever...it should be about the kids who we watch.
Thats one big thing that all have forgotten about--it is not only about us, the supporters of the GBL...if not for the talent on the field, we might as all sit on the lawn and watch our grandkids play!
Bring on the protest to let them know how you feel...but be prepared to yell long and strong to make sure that your team knows you care!!!
Wish I could be there, but we'll see you during the week!!
RW

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Are we allowed to have a portable grill on the sidewalk outside leftfield?
I suppose we could cook over to the side and make that work.
See everyone OUTSIDE THE PARK TO PROTEST THE BARK.

gblbaseballfan
07-27-2007, 11:43 AM
i have spoken to a few of the players and they are behind us in this protest. They know that we support them. we have traveled to see these guys play they know we are commited to the team and that we stand behind them and support them.we have not stopped going to the games because the guys should not suffer because the President and General manager is bad for the Team the League the game of baseball. we will cheer louder than we ever have before from out in left field, so loud they will hear us in Dublin.

peeaanuut
07-27-2007, 11:54 AM
:)
I understand it!! I get it!!! I really do. If you have seen the actual transcripts in this case; you would be absolutely mortified. Complete and unexcusable behavour. It would make you throw up.
The problem I have with the protest is that it takes away from the kids. Ya know, the ones we are there to watch??
I am all for accountability here--but I am also a fan of the game and the kids who play it. Its not about a "timeout" for your kids---its about letting management know that you are not happy. Jam Steves email box, have friends do it too...but when we go to the park--its not about the GBL, the Commish, Steve, Ed or whoever...it should be about the kids who we watch.
Thats one big thing that all have forgotten about--it is not only about us, the supporters of the GBL...if not for the talent on the field, we might as all sit on the lawn and watch our grandkids play!
Bring on the protest to let them know how you feel...but be prepared to yell long and strong to make sure that your team knows you care!!!
Wish I could be there, but we'll see you during the week!!
RW

The guys know that we are there for them. That is why we are out in LeftField and not gone completely. Believe me they will hear us cheering like crazy. Between the air horns, our cheering and signs, they will know we are there. They also know we support them when we drop off the trunkload of food for the weekend or when we pass the hat. These guys know it is not them, it is purely management. the best thing is that management knows it too.

You can grill out there. There is also grass right there so you can sit on the grass as well. The view isnt the greatest from the grass but it is pretty good.

aztlgrl
07-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I'm not quite sure what the original promo was but I just went to the LB page and this is all they have:

Dog Day Update

The Long Beach Armada announced today that they will not hold a bonfire of Michael Vick jerseys during the Michael Vick Animal Awareness Day on Sunday, July 29, 2007 at 2:05p.m. due to logistic issues at Blair Field. Fans are still invited to turn in their Michael Vick t-shirts and jerseys for free tickets to the game and may then use those jerseys as pooper scoopers or wee-wee pads.

Each fan with a paid ticket to the game is also allowed to bring a dog to the game free of charge and sit in the specially designated dog section. Fans are asked to bring a pet toy, treat, or supplies for Community Action Team and Operation Santa Paws, a local animal awareness charity. Any fan who donates to Operation Santa Paws will receive a free ticket to a future Armada home game. Operation Santa Paws bins will be set up for games this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

We have a Humane Society Day here where people bring in an item for the shelter and get in free but I agree in using Vick's name isn't the best plan of action.

Heather

FlyerFan
07-27-2007, 02:54 PM
They have toned it down a bit... it was Micheal Vick Animal Awareness day. None would disagree that a dog day is fine... just throwing that monster's name into the mix to capitalize on it is bad, bad, bad

RW22
07-27-2007, 04:16 PM
I wish I could be with you all! Air horns and signs outside the park??? Now that is funny! Its a train wreck that I would love to see...not that I need to ask--but someone let us know how it goes.

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-28-2007, 08:50 AM
We're still waiting for an answer, Mr.Bash.

Pietsch Fan
07-28-2007, 11:18 AM
We're still waiting for an answer, Mr.Bash.

What was the question?

Mary

DawgsBooster2
07-28-2007, 11:46 AM
What was the question?

Mary

Who's on first?

LOL
:D

JoesFan
07-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Who's on first?

LOL
:D
Right! :)
JoesFan

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Michael Vick ?

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-29-2007, 10:35 AM
What time is everyone getting to " Outside the Park "?

LB Parents
07-29-2007, 08:44 PM
I accually saw Steve Bash walk through the stadium today at Blair Field. He was also wearing an Armada shirt... no really, he was there with an Armada shirt untucked and in flip-flops. Oh... He was ready to look like a GM in front of the news cameras. I expect a GM to be in nice slacks, nice shoes, and a team shirt tucked in for the cameras on his special Vick Day.

Oh, and also, today was originally promoted to be "Grandparents day" at Blair Field. Nice to change it to "Mike Vick Day."

peeaanuut
07-29-2007, 09:26 PM
I saw him from left field. Stockhammer would have never walked around in flip-flops. We need him back, he would be great for the team.

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-30-2007, 10:10 AM
Hell, bring back Phil, Ashley, Corey,Jarod, Gus, Dave, Kevin and he can walk around barefoot.

gblbaseballfan
07-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Left field was fun. got to talk to the guys in the bullpen and Ryan Stevenson. We kept telling Ryan he needs to come back to Long Beach. although only 9 of us were out there many more were there in spirit wishing us the best. it was nice to see several people go out there and wish us well and say they support our actions.Thank you to all who came out to say hello!!! And thank you to all who support us on here just like you, we are GBL fans commited to our teams and all we want is to keep them around for as long as we can.

Behind Home Plate in LB
07-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Bottom line is we all want pro ball in LB.
LB deserves it and so does Blair Field

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Playoffs????????????????????????????
Leftfield????????????????

gblbaseballfan
08-17-2007, 01:31 PM
i would enjoy watching the game from left field if we go to the playoffs and chico wins one in chico i will love to be out there!!!!!

Pietsch Fan
08-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Playoffs????????????????????????????
Leftfield????????????????

Is that going to be Labor Day weekend? Yvonne and I would love to do left field. Will someone be able to secure a spot. It's just my guess, but that park might be really crowded on Labor Day weekend.

Mary

Behind Home Plate in LB
08-17-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm going to yellow tape a wide area out there. I will not miss the playoffs but I also will not give one more 1$ to the GBL, period.:mad: :mad: :lol: :lol: