PDA

View Full Version : Flyer Soap Opera continues

Ex Flyer Fan
07-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Ed you truely are a great guy! But since we have "some solid coaches that are teaching players how to get to the next level," as you said, then why have the Flyers only sent one player (Alex) in three years to that next level, when teams like Long Beach sent three in one week? We've had several with A, AA and AAA experience over the past two years and they're still here, gone to other GBL teams and prospered or were just released. According to the GBL league website, in 2005 there were 17 players contracts sold, none for the Flyers. In 2006 there were 22 contracts sold, none for the Flyers. So far in 2007 there have been 12 contracts sold, one for the Flyers. Heck even St George, who has the least talent in the league, just sent someone. Is the light getting any brighter now?

S.Sox
07-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Ex Flyer Fan,

That is very interesting, I never knew the numbers were that low for OC.. One woul think they would be seen by more scouts being in the LA area versus the Reno, St George, and Chico players..
S.Sox

Ex Flyer Fan
07-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Sox,
Heard it from 3 players who want out of OC real bad, that it's because the scouts want nothing to do with Templeton. When Alex got picked up a couple weeks back, the scouts where at the game in Long Beach not OC. And they were there to see Heaverlo and De La Rosa not Alex. Thank god he was seen, he has got a lot of potential.

WiseAndEck
07-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Chris Jakubauskas was with Fullerton last year and got picked up by Seattle.

brian

RW22
07-24-2007, 02:16 AM
Chris Jak was picked up by a MLB team--but I do not think it was during the GBL season. I think he was pitching in either the Dominican or Carribean Winter League when he was signed. So, technically, he was a free agent--I think, when he was signed.
I need to do some research to see how he is doing, a great kid! Another reason to support the GBL

S.Sox
07-24-2007, 02:20 AM
RW22,
I believe your correct about "Jak" and cannot agree more about the GBL opprotunity!!
Can't wait to see a former GBL'er in the MLB!

S.Sox

WiseAndEck
07-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Correct about Jak. He was not purchased directly from Fullerton, however, it was his numbers at Fullerton that lead to his signing with Seattle.

brian

dominator1212
07-24-2007, 11:41 PM
chris was playing for the lincoln salt dogs when signed by seattle. he was 5-1 with lincoln and is 0-2 with west tenn in double A. he has pitched mainly in relief and has a 5.00 era

flyersgm
07-25-2007, 12:02 PM
OC 7
Chico 2

Great 6 inning, 0 run, 9 K performance out of Daniel Arizmendi, whom we just converted from the bullpen - he will start again on Sunday in Reno.

Buddy Morales and Dave Bacani each have three hits.

Saturday, July 21 we hosted the league's first ever post-game rock concert, in the adjacent football stadium. We sold out the game, and most of the fans moved over for the concert, which featured the "Band From TV", comprised of actors James Denton, Hugh Laurie, Greg Grunberg, Bob Guiney, Bonnie Somerville, and Hayden Penetierre.

It was a great night, and we rocked the place! Even the old GM got up on stage for the finale with the band...time of my life!

Anyway, the soap opera may continue, but so does baseball, entertainment, and new opportunities for our players...that is my focus!

Thanks, all!

Ed

S.Sox
07-25-2007, 12:58 PM
OC 7
Chico 2

Saturday, July 21 we hosted the league's first ever post-game rock concert, in the adjacent football stadium. We sold out the game, and most of the fans moved over for the concert, which featured the "Band From TV", comprised of actors James Denton, Hugh Laurie, Greg Grunberg, Bob Guiney, Bonnie Somerville, and Hayden Penetierre.

Anyway, the soap opera may continue, but so does baseball, entertainment, and new opportunities for our players...that is my focus!

Thanks, all!

Ed

Ditto Ed, glad to see you sold out the game!!!!!!!
Didn't the concert benefit charity?? I thought I read that somewhere...
Congrats!!
S.Sox

RW22
07-25-2007, 05:05 PM
:)
Any results on the charity event you held on Sunday? I dont rememebr seeing anything about that on the website.