PDA

View Full Version : Bummer

Baseball Dad
07-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Ticks me off when NEITHER team is doing a webcast.

Baseball
07-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I know the feeling, it happened to me last night between Yuma and St George.

Pietsch Fan
07-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Except last night Yuma was playing Long Beach :)

Mary

peeaanuut
07-22-2007, 09:10 PM
I just want to say, I feel for anyone who tunes into the LB broadcast. Since Phil is goine, Erik Lindquist is doing the broadcasts and its just just so hard to listen to. He does this nazaly, unanunciated voice. I am not sure who he is trying to impersonate, but it is just horrible. Horrible I say.

Baseball
07-22-2007, 10:25 PM
You're right Mary...I meant Yuma and Long Beach. But does Long Beach have a broadcast?

LB Parents
07-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Yes, LB does have a broadcast. But, the rumor I picked-up was that Eric Lindquist is above having to travel??????????

Baseball Dad
07-23-2007, 10:02 AM
There were no broadcasts for the L.B.-Yuma weekend series. Personally, I feel all home teams should be responsible for broadcasting games, and optional for visitors.

LB Parents
07-23-2007, 07:42 PM
I agree that the home team should take responsibility for a broadcast since many of the teams only have internet broadcasts. Since LB and Yuma have not had broadcast, I have been frustrated waiting up from bed to get the posted scores on the GBL sight which have been getting posted many hours after the game. Most of the time I have to wait till morning

S.Sox
07-23-2007, 09:49 PM
LB Parents,
The Reno broadcast has been interupted a few times, I found tuning in to other games off the GBL websites interesting. Also they sem to update the other games every few innings....It is quite boring listening to them talk about thier team over and over but..?
Just a thought..

S.Sox

LB Parents
07-23-2007, 11:33 PM
I attend almost every home game... I just need to see my boys play. I also attend every LB/OC game home or away. LB has played almost half their games against OC. When there are many games not broadcasted by either team, it gets frustrating especially when you cannot get score posted on a timely mannor. I would expect timely issues 20 years ago, but in this day of information, I expect something, especially when the teams have the capability.

LB Parents
07-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I got to hear the LB/SG game on the SG on the SG broadcast.

S.Sox
07-23-2007, 11:59 PM
I attend almost every home game... I just need to see my boys play. I also attend every LB/OC game home or away. LB has played almost half their games against OC. When there are many games not broadcasted by either team, it gets frustrating especially when you cannot get score posted on a timely mannor. I would expect timely issues 20 years ago, but in this day of information, I expect something, especially when the teams have the capability.

LB Parents,
The Commish has said on n umerous occassions that he is FULLY AWARE that the league/team websites are not up to par!! The contract the GBL has with its website provider is up this year, they plan on upgrading the websites!
For what its worth to you this year..

S.Sox