PDA

View Full Version : St. George ??

S.Sox
07-16-2007, 04:27 PM
I was wondering what the fans in St. George think of the new GBL team in thier city.

I have noticed NO Roadrunner fans frequent this site!! weel except for the play by play guru John Potter. Speaking of Mr.Potter, can you tell the Roadrunner fans of this site on your broadcast???

I would love to hear from the Roadrunner fans regarding thier team!! I know thier attendance and website leave something to be desired but they seem to have an every game following of 400 or so..

S.Sox

preeths
07-16-2007, 04:46 PM
Keep in mind that better than 90 percent of the people who visit the boards do not post.

S.Sox
07-16-2007, 04:49 PM
OK...

Well Roadrunner fans, let this be your invitation to join us with your Roadrunner news/questons!!!!

S.Sox

RW22
07-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Another reason to revamp the websites. I know the OC Booster Club has their own messege board. Why couldnt the GBL put one together to let us all run smak at each other---would be nice to talk baseball again!!:) :)

preeths
07-16-2007, 08:53 PM
That's not a great idea. I don't think any leagues should have their own message board on official sites. It quickly becomes a lose-lose situation. You either censor the board eventually (and it always becomes necessary some time) and draw all sorts of criticsm, or you let the talk go unmoderated, inviting malcontents and anyone with a bone to pick against the league, a team or any employee. Not addressing anyone about the GBL specifically, but I've seen this idea backfire on several leagues before, some more than once.

S.Sox
07-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Is anyone else concerned about ST. GEORGE , last night attendance was 273..I don't find any articles in the ST. GEORGE newspaper regarding any concerns from ownership or the GBL.
Hope things are well..

S.Sox

One of many
07-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Don't fool yourselves. The GBL is toast. Three years and still moving backwards. Sorry to the folks who love minor league baseball, but the GBL ain't the answer.
Unpaid vendors, monthly turnover in front office staff, broken promises and in some cases outright lies add up to a sad tale of baseball fans with money and no people skills pretending that they can " own and run" a baseball league. Add up the number of managers and staff they have run through those franchises the last 2 1/2 years. Evidently, all dummies. If you don't believe me, check back in September.
"Turn out the lights, the party's over"

S.Sox
07-18-2007, 03:09 PM
:confused: Ok..One of Many , I suspect your some sort of baseball/business expert???

Where is your expertise from??

Lots of allegations but no proof you know what your running your mouth about!!!!!!!!!
S.Sox

Pietsch Fan
07-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Seems like most of us have had or do have a bone to pick with the GBL, but we normally identify ourselves, state specifics and offer ideas. One of Many, do you have any specific information about yourself and how you know what you know that you'd like to share or do you prefer to just hide behind the anonymity of the internet and gripe?

Mary

One of many
07-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm just a guy who has been following the GBl and Armada since 2005. I was an advertiser and season ticket holder with the Armada who got stiffed and lied to and decided to do some research on the people who took my money. It's that simple. I go to Armada and Flyer games and also someone who loves baseball. The Armada have had so many front office people since 2005, it's downright sad. All good people. Some more talented than others but still good people.
The Armada, by contract and lease ( public knowledge), were supposed to have put at least $75,000 in improvements in Blair Field, including a new deck.
NOTHING. My tax money at work.
Bottom line is I'm sick and tired of being bull****ted and I remain " One Of Many" who no doubt feel the same way.

Pietsch Fan
07-18-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm just a guy who has been following the GBl and Armada since 2005. I was an advertiser and season ticket holder with the Armada who got stiffed and lied to and decided to do some research on the people who took my money. It's that simple. I go to Armada and Flyer games and also someone who loves baseball. The Armada have had so many front office people since 2005, it's downright sad. All good people. Some more talented than others but still good people.
The Armada, by contract and lease ( public knowledge), were supposed to have put at least $75,000 in improvements in Blair Field, including a new deck.
NOTHING. My tax money at work.
Bottom line is I'm sick and tired of being bull****ted and I remain " One Of Many" who no doubt feel the same way.

Fair enough.

Mary