PDA

View Full Version : Nettleton Stadium

Silver Sox Fan
07-16-2007, 10:21 AM
I am currently on vacation (driving) and it looks like we will be able to arrange our trip such that we can take in a game at the Net when the Sox and Chico play a week from today.

To those who have been/go, any suggestions on where to sit? Obviously, I'd like to be on the visitors' side. Would you recommend 206 or the reserved 300s? I know my wife tries to avoid being behind the backstop. How far does it extend into the 300s?

Silver Sox Fan
07-19-2007, 10:37 AM
Anyone? Chico Maniac?

Barring any problems, I'll be at the Chico game on Monday.

ChicoManiac
07-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Hey SSFan....

Great to hear that you'll be coming to Chico....Since there are not a lot of visitor's fans, the Chico fans are all over the stadium.....although if you want to be close to the Silver Sox they will be in the 3rd base dugout infront of section 300. The netting extends past the dugouts on both sides, but section 300 ends about the back of the infield dirt....so even sitting at the far end of the section is a great seat.

Most folks sit in section 100 if they can because the sun is at your back and it is shadier faster....the kids playground is also down the first baseline making it easy access if you are in section 100....the farther out you are on the 3rd baseside the longer it takes for the shade...sometimes it doesn't matter but sometimes it's really hot. Section 200 is right behind home plate and where most of the season ticket holders sit.

Go Outlaws!

Silver Sox Fan
07-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I will take your advice and sit in Section 100 since it is supposed to be 100 degrees tomorrow. I was in Vancouver for the last week and it rained the whole time so I will be looking forward to drying out...just not getting baked at the same time so I'll avoid section 300.

It shouldn't matter where I sit...I'll be wearing my Silver Sox Championship shirt from last year just to make sure everyone in Chico remembers they're playing the defending champs :)

If anyone is there tomorrow, drop by and say "hey"!

ChicoManiac
07-23-2007, 12:40 AM
I won't be there tomorrow, but will be tuning in to Rory Miller to hear the action....