PDA

View Full Version : LB better win 1st, about to lose another player

S.Sox
07-14-2007, 10:53 AM
How about that Jeremy Zick , a masterful 2 hitter in the Hitter friendly GBL.! Looks to me that LB is about to lose another great player, I wonder if STL is going to pick him up again???
Zick is now 4-0 with a 1.61 ERA..wish we had him in Reno..Wish him good luck! LB needs to win this 1st half they may have a depeated team soon!!
S.Sox

S.Sox
07-16-2007, 12:18 AM
We amy lose some players quickly also...
1.Victor Hall stated the Yankees were still interested in him...
2.Carlos Madrid- Good steal for a team with a utility opening
3. Kane Simmons- Need I say more, leads the GBL in HR's in only 16 games played. & .414 average
4.Dusty Bergman, finding his groove..

I hate to see these players go but they all want the chance in affiliated ball..
S.Sox

peeaanuut
07-20-2007, 09:06 AM
looks like you called this one right. Word at the park was that he was picked up by Toronto. Going to a high A team in florida. No confirmation yet though. Good eye.

ChicoManiac
07-20-2007, 09:13 AM
Hey S.Sox....

You've got a future in scouting! Zick is off to Toronto according to the story on the GBL home page that I read last night....but you know that Long Beach probably has some former Cy Young Award winner waiting in the wings to join the team....I think Haverlo's 13 strikeouts for the Armada last night in the win over the Flyers might be a league record....and in only 8 inninngs.

Go Outlaws!

S.Sox
07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks Maniac!! I wish Zick well, we'll follow him on milb.com

Now we'll see about the Sox players!, we can't lose to many if were going to make a run....well unless Lancaster can find more hidden gems like Kane Simmons:p
S.Sox

RW22
07-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Les hates to lose! I am betting that he is burning up phones lines as we speak trying to work something out. Thats my pick for the second half. He'll find a way to get it done.
When did Garry Templeton 2 turn into the stikeout artist he has become?? 3 more K's last night; I havent looked at the stats in a bit, but if he isnt leading the league in that catagory--Im not sure who is??

Wait a minute!!!!! Are we all talking ball again here??? Nice!!!!
RW