PDA

View Full Version : Famous Chicken!!!

S.Sox
07-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Wow, Let me tell you it was all it was suppose to be!!( Except Sox Lost)
The Chicken had people from 3 to 83 yrs old laughing and having a great time at the park.. He tooled with th LB players, played tricks on the Ump, lead chants, and then talked with EVERY FAN that wanted to wait in line for a FREE autograph.. I saw the Chicken at a Las Vegas Stars games many years ago, I don't remember him being this funny!! Great time and even better my kids cannot stop talking about him!!
Congrats to the Sox and GBL for opening thier pockets for this great promo!!
There must have been over 2000 butts in the stands tonight, Kaval was one of them!!
S.Sox

FlyerFan
07-12-2007, 11:12 AM
That's teriffic! I wish he was coming here... but then it would depend on our umpire crew... one of the pairs we get have no sense of humor, threw our mascot off the field, even between innings... OK, so Coal Train held up an eye chart... he was only trying to help! Not the first mascot to do that! But most of the umps are nice enough to play along, this is the minors after all...

Silver Sox Fan
07-12-2007, 11:22 AM
I couldn't agree more. The chicken was awesome and my family loved it. There also was a really good game on the field (even though we lost) and I think the announced crowd of 2266 got their money's worth. I think I also saw the Commish (with Dave Kaval); they were with another man in business casual dress so I figured it was a potential investor or sponsor so I didn't want to bug them. Anyway they left after the 5th so I didn't get to say "hi" but I appreciate them being at the park and in the couple of times I glanced over at Dave he was cheering and was laughing at the on field antics. Nice to see the baseball fan side of the owner. I was also laughing outloud and enjoying my family doing the same; the Chicken has been doing the same stuff for 30+ years but it is still awesome. Now that is baseball!

Outside of the three (of five) error's by Long Beach's left side of the infield, the game was pretty well played. And when you lose on a 2 out, 3-2 count homerun in the top of the ninth, you can't feel too bad since there were fans going crazy in Long Beach and at the end of the day, that is just good for baseball. Wish we got the win but it was still a great night at the park. Thanks GBL.

Silver Sox Fan
07-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Flyerfan--The Chicken did the eye chart routine too. But I am sure the umps were on a short leash. If they tried to throw him out there would have been a riot.

RW22
07-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah, but I bet he did not do it after a bang-bang play at the plate, resulting in the home team manager being tossed after a 10 minute arguement. He has the best timing and game sense in the land! I had the great chance to meet him almost 20 years ago and he was the nicest guy then too!

padsfan2
07-12-2007, 02:06 PM
I agree!! Being from San Diego, the home of the Chicken, he has shown up at quite a few events, sporting and non-sporting, and he has always been very entertaining.

S.Sox
07-12-2007, 02:07 PM
They home plate ump was GREAT, he played along with the Chicken everytime without any "power trips".. I think it was Ramsey..anyway thanks to the Ump for taking part for the kids..
S.Sox