PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to see Reno find a new radio affiliate

Silver Sox Fan
07-11-2007, 12:02 AM
The ESPN station in town, KPLY, is the only sports radio station in town but that doesn't mean they should be the only option.

This season, many of the games have been joined in progress due to another event. Tonight it is the All Star game, which is fine, but days ago it was NASCAR and before that a Detroit-Cleveland game. It happens way too much and I would love to see the Sox work with another station that perhaps only plays music or plays syndicated talk shows so they can actually play most games in their entirety. The S.F. Giants do it in town with a talk radio station for example.

It might be OK if Reno continued to stream the game over the internet while the game was being pre-empted on the radio but they don't. And with no gametracker on-line, we don't know what is going on. Granted, I may be one of the 12 people in all of Reno that listen but what if I am not?

Obviously, the Sox aren't as big a player as an MLB team but getting pre-empted by an out of market (AL Central) game in Reno or by cars going around a track for the the 50th of 120 times is pretty bad considering KPLY runs the spot where they say "Home of your Reno Silver Sox"--maybe it should be Home of your Reno Silver Sox unless something better is on.