PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to start a new league ?

ABA06er
07-07-2007, 12:36 PM
we can start a new league today , announce that we have done it , then never do anything more and call it the PBL2 the sister league of the PBL

Go to www.pblpro.com where you will find no information or websites for its teams and they also have not posted any new league news since May18th and it is not almost MID JULY !

everyone take cover

the pbl

is

going

down

down

down

down

hahahahaha

The Magician
07-07-2007, 05:04 PM
we can start a new league today...

I'm glad you asked ABA06er ...

There are some thoughts about starting a NEW league.

And if the idea takes off ...

There may not be any teams from the following states who will want to participate in the ABA:

Florida
Georgia
Alabama
South Carolina
North Carolina
Virginia
West Virginia
Tennessee
Kentucky
Mississippi
Arkansas
Louisiana
Texas

Stay tuned ...

dbaproball
07-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Yes. We believe it is time.

The Magician
07-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Stay tuned ...

I received a little more info today on an idea for a New Minor League Basketball Association ...

More info to be obtained ... But pretty interesting this far!

Some ideas being thrown around:

16 Team League
2 Divisions of 8 Teams
30 Games
Season begins Post NCAA Tournament
Smaller Markets
Look to provide a very competive league comprised of a solid % of NCAA Div 1 players from the Southeastern Conference (SEC) Schools.

I'll post some more ideas as they become known.

Hey dbaproball ... any good fortune accumulated thus far with the Delta Basketbal Association effort?

dbaproball
07-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Magician,

We have had many inquiries, some anonymous, some not. Momentum is growing. Most want to see something tangible from us before getting too excited. I don't blame them. Tangible work has been done, but going fully public with their interest is hard to "undo" for some teams, and teams wisely do not want to burn bridges too soon, no matter what the current situation. As we have said before, this isn't something we wanted to have to do. It is something we have to do.

You can expect to soon see a league charter, web site, logo, and initial plans. Additionally, it is our intention to cooperate with the other minor leagues...particularly the IBL, CBA, and PBL.

Magician, I read your posts and believe you would be a great DBA commissioner! I know you want to clean up minor league bball.

tbayz1
07-10-2007, 10:04 AM
He would make a good commissioner, he knows his $hit:D

SignGuyDino
07-10-2007, 11:15 AM
I'd be a better Commissioner. No teams here in Asheville so I can be unbiased.

Too bad I'm too expensive, too honest, and I'm more high-maintenence than Terrell Owens...just ask around... :P

Fells
07-10-2007, 12:06 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again, I think Magician would be a model commissioner for any league. The man has my utmost respect for his ideas.

The Magician
07-10-2007, 07:15 PM
You can expect to soon see a league charter, web site, logo, and initial plans. Additionally, it is our intention to cooperate with the other minor leagues...particularly the IBL, CBA, and PBL.

Good Stuff dbaproball :-D

I look forward to seeing what the Delta Basketball Association will have to offer!

Please send me a PM, and let me know how I can lend support to the DBA effort ...

Thank you kindly for the compliment ...

And, YES, I do want to clean up Minor-League Basketball ... It can be done!

The Magician
07-10-2007, 07:20 PM
He would make a good commissioner, he knows his $hit:D

for the compliment tbayz!

I can't wait to get my Jax Jam Fantasy Team ready to play some virtual
b'ball against Buffalo ...

Can I play you all 36 games, all during the playoffs and in the Championship Game?

I need some redemption :infun: ...

The Magician
07-10-2007, 07:25 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again, I think Magician would be a model commissioner for any league. The man has my utmost respect for his ideas.

for the Compliment Fells!

If I ever reach "Big Kahuna" status ... I'll make sure you get "The First Word!"

The Magician
07-10-2007, 07:28 PM
I'd be a better Commissioner. No teams here in Asheville so I can be unbiased.

Too bad I'm too expensive, too honest, and I'm more high-maintenence than Terrell Owens...just ask around... :P

Might be the "Man for The Job!"

Asheville would be a great place to HQ a sports league.

You seem to get a better perspective about life, when you are on top of the mountain, looking out over the landscape at sunset!

Any chance of a b'ball revival in Ashe?

LOL, if you are more high-maintenance than Terell ... I don't think the NBA could afford you! :infun:

SignGuyDino
07-10-2007, 09:38 PM
The NBA can afford the Knicks.

They can afford me. Barely.

Nothing new for Asheville I'm afraid. Civic Center's a disaster and too big anyway for basketball (not for hockey or indoor football, just not a good building). Justice Center seats 1,200 and is probably ok for basketball. I tried to reach WBA on restarting efforts for an expansion team but heard nothing. IBL I would love to have here but there's no teams down south, need at least 6. Want absolutely nothing to do with ABA and would rather mow grass than see them. Same goes with GBA. The GBA logos are horrendous, the website is the same I resent any businessman gloating about how a big deal he is and how ignorant folks like me are on his site. I heard the same thing with Rob LaVine and the NBDL with that kind of arrogance. I'll never forget them promising 5,000 a game for the NBDL when they came to Asheville. Thank God they got rid of him. Humility always works better. Really.

The only good thing I hear from the GBA is using the Baden basketball (if it's the Lexum Elite series it's a very good ball), but I do not understand what the heck his rule change at the end of the game means. He doesn't explain it very well in his press releases nor his website. I at least understand the ABA 3-D rule even if I think it's lame.

I do enough locally with Henry Logan and his basketball camp (inlcuding his website www.henryloganbasketball.com ) and other things with the City where if a team doesn't come I'll still have plenty to do.

These are my current projects/dreams:

4 Man Basketball League. I don't care if any other league that's LEGIT does it. Lots of truly extreme ideas to open up play and increase scoring. Tried to start a rec. league just for fun but I got the venue too late for this summer. Yes, somebody on this board is admitting it's his OWN fault it didn't take off. Hell froze over. I have a good relationship with the City and God willing should be able to test it next year. Website www.4mba.net

WIFL. The only indoor football league in this region I trust. Unfortunately, the Civic Center is a disaster and after the AIFL debacle I think the WIFL should be scared off anyway.

SPHL. Same thing unfortunately.

Asheville I have argued is a good location as a neutral location for a league HQ for basketball, indoor football, and hockey for the very reason there's no team right now. Even suggested it as a location for minor league conventions to discuss ways to build partnerships between leagues. (Mainly in indoor football to keep certain undesirables out.) I'd argue the same for Greenville but it's a little pricier. Phil Evans did a good job running the D-League from there given what he had to do and whereever he ends up they are going to be lucky to have.

But it's always good to look at pursuing dreams. Just be careful who you try to fulfill them with.