PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Stories from last night

Silver Sox Fan
07-05-2007, 11:30 AM
Just thought I'd put up a thread about the action on the field since there were some interesting games:

CHICO vs. RENO: This is fast becoming a heated rivalry with a homeplate collision that sent a catcher to the hospital, a series of hit batsmen, and a bench clearing brawl. Geographically and historically, these teams have had a lot of interaction and it makes for a better game when they meet. It's not Yankees-Red Sox but it is still a pretty good storyline. And Chico did it in front of 4360 fourth of July fans! That is out of control--now I wish I had made the road trip rather than work in the garage and watch fireworks at the park last night!

YUMA vs. ST. GEORGE: Did I read the box score right? St. George had 11 errors and STILL won the game? Are you kidding me? Wow, what a way to break a 14-game skid. And Yuma? What a difference 2 weeks makes: they started 12-2 and have gone 3-10 since then.

LONG BEACH vs. ORANGE COUNTY: THe Armada sent 12 guys to the plate to cap off a 7-run 9th inning rally to win the game 8-5. It really isn't over until it is over, huh?

It may not say much for defense and pitching (a recurring theme throughout the league) but it definitely makes for exciting baseball!!!

JPotter
07-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Keith - The 11 errors was a mis-post. St. George had only one error last night. Very entertaining game, although we did not have a brawl.