PDA

View Full Version : Interaction w/ Sox Announcer

S.Sox
07-05-2007, 04:02 AM
One thing I have noticed listening to other GBL internet radio feeds is the announcers offer the email address during the game to interact with the fans!! The Sox announcer has never done this to my knowledge.. I enjoy it and email the other announcers regarding GBL issues/games..
Last year I emailed the LB announcer a lot, I think his name was Rob, he always read all the emails.. it made it fun to listen.. he was also a fantastic announcer! Does anyone know what happen to him??
S.Sox

Pietsch Fan
07-05-2007, 09:18 AM
I don't, but just wanted to add that last year the Surf Dawgs announcers actually had Yahoo Messanger set up and we were able to feed them interesting stats and information on the players that they used live on the air.

Mary

S.Sox
07-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Thats what I'm talking about, we enjoyed asking questions then listening to the broadcast and getting our question answered over the air...
S.Sox

Baseball Dad
07-05-2007, 10:26 AM
I had a cool experience last Friday. We made the trip to St. George to watch the Armada play and the L.B. AGM - Jay invited me to spend an inning or two in the webcast announcer's booth to help with "color commentary". Had a blast!

peeaanuut
07-05-2007, 11:14 AM
the interaction is nice to have when there are 2 in the booth broadcasting. Having experience with internet radio, just doing it solo is a real pain. So if there are 2 in the booth, e-mails are good to get because it can fill in some time and add some knowledge that they may not have.

JPotter
07-05-2007, 02:47 PM
S.Sox - The LB announcer you are referring to is Rob Buska. He took a job in western Kansas as a sports director for a broadcast group of six stations. He is still doing HS and college play by play there.

BTW, you can e-mail me in the press box at RoadRunnersRadio@gmail.com!

S.Sox
07-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks JohnPotter.. I'll email you during a game this weekend!!!
S.Sox

Silver Sox Fan
07-06-2007, 01:43 PM
It would be great if Ben did this and took questions from the fans. Then we wouldn't have to hear the same story over and over again about how Carlos Madrid works as a bartender at Bully's in the off-season :)

I'd make a stylistic request myself...I'd like Ben to announce the three batters coming up after the commercial break. Not a big thing but something I enjoy and think adds to a radio broadcast when we don't have a scorecard in front of us.

S.Sox: If you e-mail John, does that mean you're listening to the away team's broadcast instead of our hometown one? How could you...:p

S.Sox
07-06-2007, 03:22 PM
SS Fan,
I started listening to the other teams broadcasts last year when we did not have a feed.. it is interesting to hear the other announcers talk about thier players and ours from a different side of the field...
S.Sox

JPotter
07-06-2007, 06:12 PM
Little known fact for the Sox fans... I was in contact with Curt Jacey last year to become the voice of the Silver Sox for the second half of the season. Talks fell through... I think I may have been to persistent.

Anyways, just a fact some might find interesting.

Silver Sox Fan
07-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Our loss (no offense to Ben.)

What were they going to have you do for the second half of last season? They only got radio this year and internet about 2 weeks ago.

JPotter
07-06-2007, 06:59 PM
It was going to be strictly internet. more than likely through SportsJuice.com. But I figured a team who had wrapped up the first half last year needed a voice for the second half and the playoffs.

Things happen for a reason. Ben is a good, young broadcaster and will get more comfortable as the season rolls along.

Hope to meet you when we get to Reno tomorrow night.

S.Sox
07-08-2007, 02:46 PM
S.Sox - The LB announcer you are referring to is Rob Buska. He took a job in western Kansas as a sports director for a broadcast group of six stations. He is still doing HS and college play by play there.

BTW, you can e-mail me in the press box at RoadRunnersRadio@gmail.com!

JPotter, I emailed you during the last nights game did you get the email?
S.Sox

JPotter
07-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I did and will answer the question during this afternoon's pregame show. I like to take Sunday's games (when we have them) to answer e-mail questions that I have not had a chance to answer previously.

Tune in for the answer!