PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Pluta - St. George

WiseAndEck
07-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Can someone verify that the Anthony Pluta that was just signed by St. George is the same guy that was with Bakersfield this season? He is still listed on the Bakersfield roster but hasn't pitched since mid-June.

His name is spelled "Plutah" on the GBL transactions page, but whoever inputs the names spells pretty much everything wrong (Senriso, Coggins, etc.)

I figured someone on here could help me since we all know that we can't get any info from the GBL.

brian

Silver Sox Fan
07-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Could be. I put both spellings into the baseball cube and only one came out--the pitcher who was also was with the HOU and PIT organizations. The name is unique enough that it is probably him. But you'll have to wait until he actually shows up on the official roster to compare HT/WT or birthplace to be sure.

I just got done complimenting your website for its good coverage of player transactions. Since it just occured on JUL 2, maybe it is forthcoming.

WiseAndEck
07-04-2007, 02:37 PM
Confirmed, it is the same Anthony Pluta.

Meanwhile, Corey Myers is now with the Arkansas Travelers, but I never saw a transaction stating that he had been signed from Long Beach to the Angels organization.

brian

JPotter
07-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Yes, it is that Anthony Pluta. Pitched one inning last night in the RoadRunners latest loss.