PDA

View Full Version : Two Mascots?

S.Sox
07-03-2007, 01:57 PM
SilverSox Fan,
Do you know why the Sox have introduced another Mascot? His name is "Slugger"
The kids loved it, "Nugget" and "Slugger" were pitted against eachother in between inning games..
Just wondering...
S.Sox

FlyerFan
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
You know, the other mascot, Nugget, was originally the League mascot and traveled around to all the teams... maybe he will be back doing that...

peeaanuut
07-03-2007, 03:04 PM
I did think it was a little odd that Nugget was being used as a team mascot as it was always a league mascot. Concidering that they also had the old samurai bear hanging around, they could have made some changes to that for whatever team needed a mascot. Lets hope we see more of Nugget at other teams games as cosplay between the 2 mascots gets the kids all excited and want to return. Even if they dont watch the game.

Pietsch Fan
07-03-2007, 03:41 PM
SilverSox Fan,
Do you know why the Sox have introduced another Mascot? His name is "Slugger"
The kids loved it, "Nugget" and "Slugger" were pitted against eachother in between inning games..
Just wondering...
S.Sox

Is "Slugger" "Southpaw" revisited? Any pictures?

Mary

peeaanuut
07-03-2007, 03:55 PM
oooh good thought. Cost effective wise it would be good to use that mascot instead of it just hanging around.

Silver Sox Fan
07-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Sorry, S. Sox, but I don't have anymore inside info than you do. But I'll be there tonight and will take some pictures. I'll post it on my blog tonight and maybe one of the old-timers can ID him if he is, indeed, an old mascot.

FlyerFan
07-03-2007, 04:47 PM
Good thinking Mary! You are probably right...

S.Sox
07-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Pietsch Fan & FlyerFan,
Look at SilverSox Fna's blog and tell us if "Slugger" is indeed the old "Southpaw".. There is a picture on the blog from last nights game!!
S.Sox

http://renosilversox.blogspot.com/

peeaanuut
07-04-2007, 01:11 PM
I am no expert and my memory isnt always the best, but I think that is the old san diego mascot. Im sury Mary or one of the other SD fans can pinpoint more accurately.

Pietsch Fan
07-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Well, that says a lot about their plans to bring a team back here if they are (and they are) using our mascot. Bleh. Thanks for the picture, even though it breaks my heart.

Mary

FlyerFan
07-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Looks like South Paw to me... but overheard last night at the Long Beach/OC game from the owners of OC... "the league is in talks with San Diego to bring the team back"... I hope it's true, that is one trip our Booster Club likes to make!

padsfan2
07-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Definitely South Paw on the outside, but you could never replace OUR South Paw on the inside.

Pietsch Fan
07-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Definitely South Paw on the outside, but you could never replace OUR South Paw on the inside.

Well said.

Mary

FlyerFan
07-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Good one! :)

Pietsch Fan
07-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Looks like South Paw to me... but overheard last night at the Long Beach/OC game from the owners of OC... "the league is in talks with San Diego to bring the team back"... I hope it's true, that is one trip our Booster Club likes to make!

See if you can overhear *where* in San Diego. :D

Mary

FlyerFan
07-04-2007, 01:40 PM
over hear, heck, I'll ask!

peeaanuut
07-04-2007, 05:20 PM
I liked having the stadium in San Diego. While I didnt like that particular venue I did like that it was a simple road trip to make. Stop an hour or 2 at sea world than hit the game. A little dinner and that tops off a good weekend.