PDA

View Full Version : Wilmington has a new website

DazedAndAmused
07-01-2007, 09:25 PM
www.wilmingtonseadawgs.com

.....looks pretty decent relative to some other minor league clubs.

They don't have their schedule posted yet for this year (they anticipate end of July), but they say they are expecting 24 games against 12 to 18 teams that will end up in the PBL year 1.

No word from them on divisions. It sounds like there will be several new team announcements this month, if the 12 to 18 count is to hold true.

SignGuyDino
07-02-2007, 06:42 AM
I agree. It would make more sense if the league just did every team's sites that way. Shouldn't have such a wild range of quality among the teams there already is.

Strong Island Sound
07-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Their new site looks pretty good.

MinorofaMan
07-07-2007, 04:25 PM
I'm new so i shouldn't ridcule, but as a graphic designer and a bit fan of the SeaDawgs, that site is just atrocious. It looks like they got it off a bad web template, most stuff isn't filled in, I personally think it looks cheap.

dbaproball
07-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Interesting that he created a new profile today (after being banned) and logs into to criticize one of the PBL teams.

Anybody agree with his assessment of the wilmington sea dawgs web site relative to any ABA sites out there? What is not filled in? Let's take a vote.

I hope our new league site looks that good.

"Minorofaman" (btw, how appropriate of a name), show us your design work.

TheStandard
07-07-2007, 07:24 PM
minorofaman aka Tom or Dick or Joe or god knows who. Ok will you stop bending backwards already i mean whats blowing out of your behind is just rancid.

Anyways. Lets see. MANY OF THE ABA PAGES ARE COMPLETE PIECES OF CRAP. The ABA Page itself which I call the Pyriamid Marketing Scheme page or MLM is pathetic too.

The wilimington seadawgs page is very professional something that the ABA will never EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR BE

MinorofaMan
07-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Um, I'm not Tom or Dick or whoever. lol Actually, I'm a huge Nighthawks fan, going to many of their games. I think you guys need to calm down with the accusations though, I never said anything about the SeaDawgs being a bad team, if you looked back, I said I liked the team, because I'm a PBL fan as the NH are in it. So cool your jets as the youngins would say.

ALSO!
The page isn't professional, it is obviously a template, any dumby can see that. An example of a good website is Pitt Xplosions and the CBAs Main Hub, those are both really well designed and auethetically pleasing pages. When web designing, simplicity is key Their page has to many buttons and moving things, and ugh its not pretty. Lay down one or two simple colors (in the SDs instances White, Aqua Blue, maybe Orange trim) and two or three fonts. The biggest mistake a web designer can make is having a dark page. Their page is too dark, their last site was better color wise.

And that was Web Design 101. :D

Minor League Man
07-07-2007, 08:37 PM
MinorofaMan, did my screenname somehow influence yours?

MinorofaMan
07-07-2007, 08:48 PM
lol, I actually tried your name and since it was taken I just made this one up. :P

TheStandard
07-07-2007, 09:59 PM
lol ok., true point but hey the page is way much better than the aba team ones.

dbaproball
07-07-2007, 10:59 PM
....i still say say this junior member minorofaman (account created today) is aba06er looking to jab anything said nice about any of his "enemy" leagues, which is aba06er's reason to live. Nobody else creates a new account specifically to log on and criticize a web site that others seem to like.

show us some of your design work minorofaman, because most of your points are weak. i don't know if the wilmington site is any type of template or not (and not sure why that would be a bad thing), but i do know it looks pretty darn good compared to alot of the junk out there.

MinorofaMan
07-08-2007, 10:24 AM
Wow, you guys are really clueless. Why would I be ABA06er if I enjoy the league. You guys really need to rethink your stance on things. Your showing a lot of insecurity by assuming I'm someone I'm not, just because I criticized something PBL related, not everyone is out to get the PBL. Open up your eyes and see that it's called constructive criticism.

Couple more things, DBAPRO you are ALSO a junior member so cut the crap of you trying to be high and mightier then me.

The Standard, you madea good point, but even some aba teams have better pages, and the PBL should strive for a higher quality in everything it does including webpages, they need to show through the web that they are better then the CBA and D-League to get people intertested. I think they can do it, they just need to higher a professional web designer.

Alumni96
07-08-2007, 03:30 PM
....i still say say this junior member minorofaman (account created today) is aba06er looking to jab anything said nice about any of his "enemy" leagues, which is aba06er's reason to live. Nobody else creates a new account specifically to log on and criticize a web site that others seem to like.

show us some of your design work minorofaman, because most of your points are weak. i don't know if the wilmington site is any type of template or not (and not sure why that would be a bad thing), but i do know it looks pretty darn good compared to alot of the junk out there.

I'd call you paranoid. It is obvious just from the tone of his posts that he isn't ABA06er. He can use complete sentences and everything. The mob mentality around here is getting out of hand. This place is like a psychology paper waiting to happen.

SignGuyDino
07-08-2007, 04:18 PM
There's no debate. The Wilmington site beats the ABA sites hands down.

And it's well-known that Uncle Joe has several trolls that pollute the board to deflect from the lies, broken promises, and phony press releases.

The PBL could fold tomorrow and have more credibility than the ABA ever had.

meyes
07-08-2007, 11:59 PM
TheStandard, you obviously have no idea what MLM truly is.
Don't compare things to something you know nothing about.

Minor League Man
07-09-2007, 12:23 AM
TheStandard, you obviously have no idea what MLM truly is.
Don't compare things to something you know nothing about.
Hey...Why do you think I'm ABA06er now?

TheStandard
07-09-2007, 03:26 AM
I know what MLM is mr meyes. Amway, DSMAX, Cydcor, Mary Kay, Kirby. and MLM most of the time is a ponzi scheme or a pyramid scheme. Trust me I know since I have seen It and tons of crooks have come to me to see if I wanted to invest in the crap, Hence the ABA.

Minor League Man
07-09-2007, 09:41 AM
I know what MLM is mr meyes. Amway, DSMAX, Cydcor, Mary Kay, Kirby. and MLM most of the time is a ponzi scheme or a pyramid scheme. Trust me I know since I have seen It and tons of crooks have come to me to see if I wanted to invest in the crap, Hence the ABA.
I never sent any spam in my life!

I think you mean MinorofaMan, because I'm just a 20-year old fan from Wisconsin...

meyes
07-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Again a discussion is getting off track. So I will finish with this:
Amway and Mary Kay are MLM and good, solid companies. Kirby is NOT MLM. There are some illegal business which call themselves MLM. True MLM is the best business system. Don't take my word for that, ask Robert Kiyosaki, or Donald Trump.
Now back to basketball.

Minor League Man
07-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Again a discussion is getting off track. So I will finish with this:
Amway and Mary Kay are MLM and good, solid companies. Kirby is NOT MLM. There are some illegal business which call themselves MLM. True MLM is the best business system. Don't take my word for that, ask Robert Kiyosaki, or Donald Trump.
Now back to basketball.
My name is NOT Kirby...

Why is everybody accusing me of being certain people???!!!

meyes
07-10-2007, 09:27 AM
MinorLeagueMan, MLM does not refer to you. It is am acronym for a very effective way of doing business. Kirby is the name of a company. I was pointing out that Kirby is not an MLM type of business.
I was addressing another poster who was making comparisons to something he does not know about. Non of this had/has anything to do with you.