PDA

View Full Version : This is like a political debate ...

sportsguy12
06-18-2007, 03:27 PM
I have been away doing research on the PBL , unlike some posters ( we know who I am talking about ) my research is real.

1.) Top players do not want to play in the PBL because they leave for over-seas at the start of March. Start of March is mid-season in the PBL. These players are looking to come on with ABA teams which allows them to play a full season as a warm up to the overseas seaons. ( what genius starts a new league that plays through the overseas season? )

2.) The PBL is made up of ABA teams ( I THOUGHT THEY BAD MOUTHED THE ABA , APPARENTLY THE ABA WASENT SO BAD )

3.) Minor league basketball attendence in the United States has always been low. Now the PBL is a league that no one has even heard of which means even lower attendence.

4.) Travel costs have always been an issue , the PBL has scattered out all over the country now and has done nothing to show they can increase attendence while only drastically increasing travel costs.

Some of these PBL teams are already realizing the mistake they have made and the ones that did not burn the bridge with the ABA are being allowed back in when the PBL folds (soon)

Democrats call the Republicans shisters. Reps call the Dems liars and the American public gets screwed.

It's the same with the ABA and PBL. They bicker, bully and duke it out until they both fold and fans are left with nothing except the time and money they waste going to games that aren't played or cancelled at the last minute.

Everything you accuse the PBL of doing ... the ABA has done for years.

SignGuyDino
06-18-2007, 11:15 PM
(In my best Pat Buchanan impression)...

"My opponent, the PBL, keeps promising 'a new game' with 'new rules' that we never seen before.

My friends, we all know it's FIBA ball, we've seen it all before, and frankly, we don't need the Old World telling us how to play!"

TheStandard
06-19-2007, 02:02 AM
i wouldnt say its the old world. But I can tell you this . Why is "The Old World" beating the crap of the US in FIBA Tourneys??? The PBL may do the FIBA ball because they can have their players ready for the Euroleague, Asia, Puerto Rico leagues that pay more than good. Or who knows the PBL might be the league that makes some drastic changes to the game. who knows but if it's FIBA Ball remember the rules are 10 minute quaters with a 30 second clock.

SignGuyDino
06-19-2007, 02:25 AM
First, Euroleague now plays with 24 second shot clocks now.

Second, they play 30-40 games a year. NBA teams in the playoffs end up playing around 100 games based on how well they do.

Third, they play 10 minute quarters specifically to trip up superior teams.

They can get back with us when they play 100+ games a year and killing us in world tourneys. Our guys are simply tired and Coach K's moralistic browbeating cannot shame us to gold or hide that he's not really a good international coach. D'antoni SHOULD have been made the head coach from the start.

My point is if it's FIBA-ball this is NOT a "new game" we "never seen before" or even the first minor basketball league in America playing FIBA rules.

Pounder
06-19-2007, 10:20 AM
While all this is being discussed, the pertinent questions are:

Summer is almost upon us, so what are the rules?

How many teams do you realistically intend to have?

Where's the schedule?

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

ABA06er
06-19-2007, 11:19 AM
The Clock Will Keep On Ticking ...

The Pbl Is Trying To Hide The Answers That They Dont Have Inorder To Try To Get Investors To Get Sucked In ....

To Bad The Pbl Is Now Being Exposed For The Over Priced Travel Budget And Low Attendence To Go Hand In Hand With It ...

Investors Beware !

preeths
06-19-2007, 12:12 PM

The Pbl Is Trying To Hide The Answers That They Dont Have Inorder To Try To Get Investors To Get Sucked In ....

To Bad The Pbl Is Now Being Exposed For The Over Priced Travel Budget And Low Attendence To Go Hand In Hand With It ...

Investors Beware !

Or they're actually lining up investors first, rather than naming dozens of teams willy-nilly and hoping for the best. Wait, who does that sound like?

Pounder
06-19-2007, 05:27 PM

Investors Beware !

Dude, yours is the "glassiest" house of all. Even worse, you choose to throw your stones from inside yours.