PDA

View Full Version : Roadrunners impressions

10dad
06-16-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi all,

As a first timer to the St George area (opening day) I have to say it was impressive. The team is very well run, and very well received by the community it appears, and the stadium is a great place for baseball at this level. Not too big, not too small, homeruns when well hit do carry out like they're supposed to , unlike Blair Field where you have to be Paul Bunyan to hit one out, especially at night. The playing surface is in excellent condition and the seating while a little higher off the field than other places allows everyone a good vantage point to watch the action.

John does a great job with the play by play, not too much of a "homer" like others I've heard. The squad on the field is still trying to find their stride right now, they are mostly playing well for about 5 of the 9 innings, last night 8 of the 9. The pitchers will start to dial in their control and some timely hitting will start appearing as well I'm sure. baserunners have not been the problem, key hits to this point have, that will be Cory's dept. to fix, I'm sure he'll be up to the task.

All in all, foregoing the 1-7 start, this observer thinks the St George team is already a success and will only get better. GO RUNNERS!!

JPotter
06-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Johnny's Dad:

Thanks for the nice words about me. I feel the exact same way about the organization.

With the RoadRunners bringing professional baseball back to Utah for the first time in 5 years, it can only be a positive for the community. When the schools come back into session, you will see these guys at schools and in the community reading to kids and participating in youth activities.

Bruce Hurst Field is a great place to bring the family. I challenge the rest of the GBL fans (even those who lost teams in Mesa, Surprise and San Diego) to make a trip out to St. George and enjoy the atmosphere. If you do make it out, look to the press box and give me a wave. I would be happy to speak with you.

Go Runners!!