PDA

View Full Version : Photos: LB vs Yuma

peeaanuut
06-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Here is the link for yesterday game in Long Beach. I didnt take alot of photos as I normally do. But here are a few that I took. Hopefully I will take a bunch more tonight. I was in the dugout for the first 2 innings but moved up to the seats after that.

Light at Blair dissapears quite quickly because of the cover over the seats so shooting late into the evening becomes quite tricky. Especially when trying to catch the action. I much prefer to shoot in Fullerton or San Diego that are a little bit more wide open.

http://www.peeaanuut.com/wordpress/wp-gallery2.php?g2_itemId=19272

Silver Sox Fan
06-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Great pictures as always. I've never been to an Armada game but it looks like you guys put a lot into the whole "Pirate" theme. That is great--it really adds character.

Are those your cheerleaders near the top? I went to a Breakers game once (2001) and they had a cheerleader group. I guess the team is keeping up that tradition.

peeaanuut
06-14-2007, 03:25 PM
that was something they started this year. It doesnt matter to me one way or the other, but Steve Bash always had them at Ice Dog games so its kind of a hang over from that. I think the idea was tossed around the front office before he got there as well. They were not trashy and didnt get in the way much so I didnt mind them. It also added a little bit of flavor to the crowd. They even did a dance routine between one of the innings.

Silver Sox Fan
06-14-2007, 03:59 PM
I may be in the minority, but I think cheerleaders are a good thing at baseball games. They are used well in Japan and I've even seen them stateside at a Braves Game.

You're right that they're good as long as their not trashy. Baseball is very traditional and family oriented and, unlike the NBA and NFL which is geared toward a younger male demographic, we don't need the dry humping, sexually suggestive dancing those sports provide. But done right, it can get the crowd into the game like a good mascot.

If every team had them, I might think differently, but when only one or a few have them, it provides another "attraction" for a team--sort of how every baseball stadium is different and has different promotions and mascots and that means you get a different experience each time you go.

peeaanuut
06-14-2007, 04:07 PM
they are done pretty tasefully at the RC Quakes games too.