PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Ripknees Join the PBL

bdaly
06-14-2007, 11:27 AM
It's nice to see some more news out of the PBL:

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3487540

Minnesota is a good addition to the league.

tbayz1
06-14-2007, 11:36 AM
congrats ripknees!

they are a fine organization

psbf
06-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Minnesota joining. But I am curious to learn what their numbers are. They say they have a solid fan base, but they never give any numbers.
Also, I'm wondering if Dallas is expansion, or are they the Texas Tycoons with a new name?

tbayz1
06-14-2007, 01:40 PM
i dont think its the Tycoons, i think its an all together different organization

how bout the rumor about expansion teams in Buffalo, Syracuse, and Jacksonville? a1 posted stuff about that

TheStandard
06-14-2007, 01:54 PM
now lets see that bastard of Joe say that the Ripknees are Unethical. Joe unethical is not paying your Bill to those guys.

psbf
06-14-2007, 01:55 PM
leaves my Minnesota question unanswered.
As far as expansion, since Jacksonville was officially mentioned as having tryouts under the ABA, I guess that leaves them out for entry here.

Minor League Man
06-14-2007, 01:58 PM
leaves my Minnesota question unanswered.
As far as expansion, since Jacksonville was officially mentioned as having tryouts under the ABA, I guess that leaves them out for entry here.
I haven't heard anything as far as attendance numbers go yet...

And Buffalo, Jacksonville, and Syracuse are not the ABA teams (the ABA teams are staying put). They are proposed new teams in the PBL:
Buffalo Sky Hooks
Jacksonville (Fast)Breakers
Syracuse Slam

I wish a1sports would tell us if there's any news...

bdaly
06-14-2007, 02:48 PM
I think I read they drew in the 300-700 range at some point. So, obviously, there's room for growth. But, I think they have something to build on as they had a successful season by ABA standards and they proven their dedication. With that said, it's not easy to sell a minor league team in a major market. Luckily, St. Paul happens to have a minor league team in baseball that has beaten those odds. So, when it's done the right way, it appears this market will respond. They did things the right way last year (great team that was well managed) in a league that doesn't, so if the PBL continues to come together well, it should allow them to take the next step.

psbf
06-14-2007, 03:19 PM
major markets, so if anything, I would think the PBL teams will thrive and the ABA teams will either die off or switch leagues.
As for St. Paul, they also have a pro soccer team(Thunder) so I'm sure the Ripknees will grow.

tbayz1
06-14-2007, 04:36 PM
I haven't heard anything as far as attendance numbers go yet...

And Buffalo, Jacksonville, and Syracuse are not the ABA teams (the ABA teams are staying put). They are proposed new teams in the PBL:
Buffalo Sky Hooks
Jacksonville (Fast)Breakers
Syracuse Slam

I wish a1sports would tell us if there's any news...

Me too! Hes been quite lately about the PBL, he said it was hard to get info

Im so curious, especially about a Buffalo PBL team, i think Magician wanted to know more about the Jax team too!

Cmon a1 updated us....

mikeyratt
06-14-2007, 10:27 PM
sorry, but Minnesota went Bush League to me when they took it upon themselves to renam Twin Cities the Gary Giants for one game this past season.