PDA

View Full Version : Surf Dawgs & SDSU

Mulcahy
06-11-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't know much about what went on between the two, but did the Surf Dawgs ever consider playing at Cunningham Stadium instead? I know it doesn't hold all that much (just guessing I'd say under 1,500) but I don't remember the Surf Dawgs drawing more than 1500 to many games last season. Was this option ever thrown out, or is USD harder to work with than SDSU?

Pietsch Fan
06-11-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm actually pushing for Cunningham Stadium as I spend a lot of the spring there watching the Toreros. USD is actually upgrading the stadium to minor league quality, so hopefully the GBL will keep trying to work that angle. USD should be much easier to deal with since they are a private school. Fewer layers of people to dig through.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Mary

padsfan2
06-12-2007, 09:50 PM
It doesn't matter where they play, unless the league supports the team with a good GM, like we had the first year, and was a huge missing link the second year the team will not be successful. The first year we had player appearances, give-aways, Ricky, and other programs that brought people in to the game. The second year we had a very poor GM the first half of the season, and just an acting GM the second half. Another problem the last year, was outside interference individuals who ended up doing more harm than good. Facts are as I understood them, the GBL had a 3 year contract with SDSU, and the third year the GBL tried to re-write to suit them better, It’s like a player wanting to renegotiate his contract after a good year, sorry a contract is a contract.