PDA

View Full Version : Reno at Chico 6/10 thru 6/13

Mulcahy
06-10-2007, 09:54 PM
There's no radio for the game tonight? I thought the website said all 76 games will be broadcast on KPLY 630?

Mulcahy
06-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Reno leads Chico 1-0 in the top of the 4th

Mulcahy
06-10-2007, 10:21 PM
Reno's James Johnson has retired the last 8 batters.. To the sixth we go, Reno leads 1-0.

Mulcahy
06-10-2007, 10:38 PM
James Johnson has retired 11 in a row now.... To the seventh we go, Reno leads 2-0.

FlyerFan
06-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Long Beach/St George game isn't on either... is someone not paying the bills?

Mulcahy
06-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I thought St George had the night off before hosting the Flyers tomorrow?

Mulcahy
06-10-2007, 11:01 PM
To the 8th inning we go, Reno leads 3-0.

FlyerFan
06-10-2007, 11:11 PM
my mistake... i meant Yuma and Long Beach

Mulcahy
06-10-2007, 11:23 PM
James Johnson's great performance goes for naught as Reno's bullpen lets the Sox down again.. Going to the ninth tied at 3.

Mulcahy
06-10-2007, 11:37 PM
Bad infielding (3 errors in 8th & 9th innings), combined with a bad bullpen costs Reno the game, 4-3.

Silver Sox Fan
06-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Wow, you have got to be kidding me. That is 3 bad bullpen performances over the last 4 nights. The 3 errors didn't help but if the bullpen didn't let them back in it wouldn't matter. Sad...

Anyway, we'll see what this week does for them. Maybe they will gel soon. With only 76 games in the season a few bad weeks could really dash the Sox chance of repeating as league champs. But I'll keep the faith. Les will turn them around.

JPotter
06-11-2007, 01:31 AM
FYI about the LB/Yuma game not being on radio: Yuma is only doing away games, the radio guy (Mitch) is the PA announcer and clubhouse manager when the team is at Desert Sun. Long Beach did not send their guy (Phillip) to St. George or Yuma so they could prepare for their opening night at Blair Field on Wednesday.

ChicoManiac
06-11-2007, 03:55 AM
What a great night at the Nett.......SilverSoxFan, you're starting pitcher was lights out for seven innings but your bullpen is not what it used to be when you had Sever and Snyder last year.....the errors weren't all that bad as one was really caused by clever baserunning in the 8th inning that was close to obstruction and the shortstop had a tough play in the ninth inning....hope tomorrow gets Chico over .500!

Silver Sox Fan
06-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Chico Maniac:

You seem to follow the Outlaws pretty closely? Any chance of you doing a blog on them because I would love to read about Chico. I think due to proximity (and past playoff experiences) there is a natural rivalry starting between our two teams. I always hear the Net is a great place to see a game and the crowd is always into it. I am trying to convince my family to spend our 4th of July there when our two teams meet.

Anyway, I did my blog so I could put some thoughts on paper about our team since the local paper coverage is very lacking, They do a great job with the soft stories but we haven't seen a box score yet and the game reports are pretty thin. The Sox website is equally lax in being updated. I checked it out just moments ago and still no info on Sunday's game and still no Promotional Schedule 5 days into the season. Box scores are equally slow to appear as it was this morning before box scores for SAT and SUN came up.

Our local radio also skips games if there is a major event occuring (like NBA finals last night) which makes it hard to follow the team consistently when the team is on the road. If you did a blog about it, I would love to read it!

And one thing is for sure--either Reno or Chico will be above .500 this evening. I'll be listening hoping for a Sox win behind Keating. Who is Chico throwing?

Mulcahy
06-11-2007, 03:09 PM
It would really help the league if there were some good rivalries between some teams. Reno and Chico are natural fits for their proximity and it seems like they're always playing each other. I'm not sure if Long Beach and Fullerton has the same feel as when LBSU and CSF play each other... Yuma and St George are kind of off on their own regionally. If Grand Junction gets a team that could help out St George...

On a side note, does Boise have a major league affiliate? I know they have a stadium in town... I think somewhere toward Meridian- it has two concrete grandstands on the first and third base sides.

Mulcahy
06-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Upon further review- Boise is the short season affiliate for the Cubs in the Northwest League. I think Elko could support a GBL team... only 36-40 home games and the town really comes out to the high school football and basketball games... I think they could surprise some people with the numbers they could pull in. But they'd have to get a stadium aside from their ruth field they have.

Mulcahy
06-13-2007, 01:14 AM
Reno bullpen and late errors blow it again... no surprise I guess. Chico wins 7-4

Silver Sox Fan
06-13-2007, 01:30 AM
I know it is early but there needs to be some shake-up on the roster. The bullpen is out control (literally)--Marshall Plouffe who walked in the go ahead run is obviously not going to be the closer after these last few games.

And the errors are just too much--Devoir with four errors in 7 games and Rodriguez throwing the ball away on a pick off play that did not have to be made.

And the number of no decisions by our starters with their low ERAs is going to get frustrating really quick.

Silver Sox Fan
06-13-2007, 01:37 AM
And I just checked the schedule...the last thing the 2-4 Silver Sox need is exactly what they will get: A 3-game set with the 6-0 red hot Yuma team at a location where the high is projected to be 103 degrees. Talk about a tough week.

ChicoManiac
06-13-2007, 01:50 AM
Wow....who would have thought we'd take four of six from the Silver Sox....just two of six would have had us in the playoffs last year.....Chico pitching is much better than I thought it would be with all these young guys although we knew Singleton and Springman would be good returning starters...Reno hitters look a lot better than they have performed and should do well but the bullpen seems to have nothing....I bet Lancaster makes moves before the week is over...

Silversoxfan....I don't get on the computer to much and that blog thing is way beyond me....I liked reading yours this week!!!!!!

Silver Sox Fan
06-14-2007, 01:20 AM
Looks like I beat Mulcahy here so I will post...

Sox lose 5-1 as (imagine this) the bullpen collapses.

J.J. Johnson takes a foul ball to the face and leaves the game; James Sherrill is still on the shelf and will miss a total of 6 games before he comes back on the 18th. 2/3 of our starting outfield and arguable the two of the best players coming into the year are out.

Our #5 pitcher retired a couple of days ago (Brian Keating) so that moves up Matt Parris to #5

And Les Lancaster said he is going to closer by committee and Marshall Plouffe was complete ineffective in the games he pitched...even with his cool entrance music of Ace of Spades by Motorhead

And as I posted before, the weather when the Sox complete their almost 12 hour trip to Yuma is expected to be in triple digits. The only thing hotter is the Yuma team who are riding a 6-game winning streak to open the season.

But Les worked miracles last year so don't give up just yet.