PDA

View Full Version : Kansas Cagerz Bouncing Back

anon
06-03-2004, 10:36 AM
This team is starting to turn it on, again. Something about being at home that makes this team play at their best level. They better be lucky that the Festival is in Salina.

Also, forget Sam Cox, Cleotis Brown is the player that should be getting the press for being a diamond in the rough. This kid has played some great basketball.

not so fast
06-03-2004, 11:47 AM
After a slow start, Cleotis Brown is playing very well. His last three games have been hugh.

Can Johnny Jackson and Cleotis Brown lead Kansas to the Championship?

not so fast
06-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Also, one more thing.

Congratulations to Johnny Jackson, on his rebounding achievement. Those were very nice and accurate words about JJ on the USBL website.

I have been sort of critical of the USBL this season, but I greatly appreciate there acknowledgement of achievement of a player in their league that I have known since he was 12 years old.

Johnny Jackson is first class all the way and I am quite proud of his approach and work ethic.

HAC
06-07-2004, 04:10 PM
This team is starting to turn it on, again. Something about being at home that makes this team play at their best level. They better be lucky that the Festival is in Salina.

Also, forget Sam Cox, Cleotis Brown is the player that should be getting the press for being a diamond in the rough. This kid has played some great basketball.

Who's Sam Cox?

Cleotis just needs to be more careful with the ball.

As far as winning the tournament, the pickup of Carlos Strong should help. They've been needing another big man all season.

anon
06-08-2004, 03:46 AM
He does need to be a bit more careful with it. However, he also needs to be in the darn starting lineup. How can the top scorer on the team be the team's sixth man? I wonder what his game and totals would look like if he was starting and able to get into his groove....ooohhh scary to think about. Also, I wonder how many games that were lost would have been won if he would have been a regular in the lineup.

They dropped the game at Dodge City and lost to St. Louis. I am starting to worry about these guys. However, since all of their losses were on the road, and the Festival is in Salina, I feel a bit more confident about their chances. Jeff really put together a great mix of players. This team is DEEP.

HAC
06-08-2004, 10:47 AM
I think the Cagerz are better with Cleotis coming off the bench. He provides a spark and the home crowd gets into when they see him at the scorer's table.

They were at their best when Nate Johnson, Jamie Kendrick and Cleotis came in together. Then Nate was put into the starting lineup, but since his injury he's back as a reserve.

I'm not sure if Boschee would be effective coming off the bench. I think he's more comfortable starting whereas Cleotis doesn't care. Either way, Cleotis gets a good chunk of the minutes.

And remember, it's not who starts the game, it's who finishes that matters.

anon
06-08-2004, 12:47 PM
"And remember, it's not who starts the game, it's who finishes that matters."

Remeber, basketball is a game of rhythm (as are most other sports). Sometimes it is hard to find that rhythm if you are relegated (for lack of a better word) to coming off of the bench. You have to warm back up while you are out on the court, which means that there is better chance than not that your shot will be off. Sure there will be times where a player can come off of the bench and make things happen, but the probability for that type of repeated success is low. Not to say that this is the case here, I am just coming with an example. You know me, I love to argue certain points.

Anyways, the team is doing pretty good with what they have. If the guys can all get healthy by the start of the Festival, they will be my favorite to win the whole thing. They wil be too deep for the rest of the league. Also, great job covering the team this year.

HAC
06-08-2004, 02:21 PM
"And remember, it's not who starts the game, it's who finishes that matters."

Remeber, basketball is a game of rhythm (as are most other sports). Sometimes it is hard to find that rhythm if you are relegated (for lack of a better word) to coming off of the bench. You have to warm back up while you are out on the court, which means that there is better chance than not that your shot will be off. Sure there will be times where a player can come off of the bench and make things happen, but the probability for that type of repeated success is low. Not to say that this is the case here, I am just coming with an example. You know me, I love to argue certain points.

Anyways, the team is doing pretty good with what they have. If the guys can all get healthy by the start of the Festival, they will be my favorite to win the whole thing. They wil be too deep for the rest of the league. Also, great job covering the team this year.

If the Cagerz started Nate Johnson and Cleotis Brown it would really hurt their bench production.

Brandon Hawkins is not a scorer and I'm not sure Boschee would be effective at all. I'd like to see Cleotis enter the game a little earlier and I wouldn't be suprised to see that happen.

Cleotis Brown: 6th Man of the Year.

anon
06-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Sixth Man of the Year in deed.

As for the other guys being able to come off the bench, maybe if Clee and the rest of the bench started the games the team wouldn't have to play so much catchup, which is what they do now with the current starters.

HAC
06-08-2004, 11:17 PM
Sixth Man of the Year in deed.

As for the other guys being able to come off the bench, maybe if Clee and the rest of the bench started the games the team wouldn't have to play so much catchup, which is what they do now with the current starters.

Sounds like your boy is going into the starting lineup.

With Brandon Hawkins being gone, Boschee is moving to the point and Cleotis to shooting guard.

anon
06-09-2004, 03:02 AM
Let's see how the team responds to this.