PDA

View Full Version : What is up with the "Flyers?"

TuffyFan
06-07-2007, 12:11 AM
I just heard the Flyers lost Scott Sarver again. What is up with that? The real Fullerton fans were looking forward to watching him this summer. He is a great kid and a good lefty. Hope he stays in CA ( California) and doesn't go back to CA(Canada) Come on Flyers get your act together! You need good pitching and a hometown kid as well! At least you have one former Titan on your team. Isn't the objective to get the fans to the stadium? Former Titans pull fans!

WiseAndEck
06-07-2007, 12:49 AM
I just heard the Flyers lost Scott Sarver again. What is up with that? The real Fullerton fans were looking forward to watching him this summer. He is a great kid and a good lefty. Hope he stays in CA ( California) and doesn't go back to CA(Canada) Come on Flyers get your act together! You need good pitching and a hometown kid as well! At least you have one former Titan on your team. Isn't the objective to get the fans to the stadium? Former Titans pull fans!

Sarver wasn't happy with the salary offered to him so he asked for his release.

The team actually looks good on paper. And with Bacani added, I'm pretty excited.

brian

flyersgm
06-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Hey Folks:

I just wanted to address the Sarver question.

Initially, Sarver did ask for his release due to salary. When a player is traded (in any sport, at any level), his contract goes with him. We offered him what he was getting paid in 2006 in Calgary. He was unhappy with it, so he did ask for his release.

He threw against us on Saturday in Spring Training, and was fairly impressive, We invited him back, and he accepted. However, in the end, he was just not one of the 11 best in camp.

We had 18 pitchers in camp, and broke with what felt were the top 11. Scott did a good job, but was not pleased with the role we had for him, and he did not figure into our starting rotation. We wish him well, and agree that he is a good young man.

However, we had to cut 7 pitchers, and we cut 7 good ones. They will all be playing somewhere professionally this season, I am sure.

Thanks

Ed Hart
General Manager
OC Flyers

DawgsBooster2
06-07-2007, 11:36 PM
However, we had to cut 7 pitchers, and we cut 7 good ones. They will all be playing somewhere professionally this season, I am sure.

Thanks

Ed Hart
General Manager
OC Flyers

Ed, you and the Commish are breaths of fresh air. Thanks for that.

Yvonne